Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + benefits
8 months ago
Morson International has entered in to a partnership with a telecommunications company to attract the best talent for projects up and down the UK. Our client is an alternative provider of wholesale fibre network infrastructure. They are experiencing rapid growth and we are now looking for a Risk Manager.
- To classify, evaluate and monitor the company's risk.
- To ensure up to date visibility of quantified risk value to executives and leadership teams across all programmes.
- To devise, enhance, own and promote the Risk Management Strategy for the company ensuring appropriate levels of engagement throughout a programme or project lifecycle
- To be custodian of the Risk Register for all programmes - undertake day-to-day risk management activities including identification, prioritisation, register management, action planning and monitoring
- Development and implementation of project risk management plans
- To work with managerial teams to identify and resolve risks and issues - to lead the Risk Management function providing effective direction and motivation to staff
- To ensure that resources are made available to maintain efficient and timely capture and treatment of risks and opportunities
- To implement strategies to minimize exposure and maintain control - to deliver value and reduction of risk exposure through active mitigation of threats and maximisation of opportunities
- To prepare statistical, departmental and financial reports - quantifying and analysing risks in accordance with Risk Management Strategy - periodic reporting should include profiled risk expenditure, impacted risk/drawdown and risk exposure changes
- To work with all staff members to instil daily practises of identifying, reporting and managing risks - act as ambassador for risk management, providing coaching in requirements, processes and benefits of risk management
- To conduct demonstrations and presentation to board members, stakeholders or clients when appropriate
- Developing and undertaking advanced Quantitative Risk Analysis including Cost, Schedule and integrated Cost and Schedule analyses, to enable robust forecasting and tracking of risk exposure
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in the construction sector
- Extensive experience in the application of Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA) techniques and tools
- Experience in the delivery of risk throughout the project lifecycle including support of investment decisions and delivery/implementation phases
- Understanding of construction contracts (e.g. NEC3, ICC) and the relationship between risk management and controls/management functions including; change control, planning/scheduling, cost & commercial management and reporting
- Experience delivering risk management at Programme or Strategic level
- Experience in application of a variety of contract forms
- Experience in working for a complex business environment or large consultancy
- MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills to intermediate level or above
- Degree qualified in a finance related programme with 5-10 years risk management experience including evidence of delivery of major projects and/or programmes
- Prince2 trained/PM authority
- Membership of a professional body (e.g. APM, IRM)
- Risk Management qualification, for example Master's Degree or IRM International Certificate
Please contact Matthew Owen at Morson International for further information.