Birmingham, West Midlands
£400 - £500 per day
Rail Technical Team
14 days ago
Job Title: Risk and Value Manager
Rate: £400-£500 per day
Duration: ASAP - 6.11.2019
Role inside scope of IR35
About the role / project:
A leading client in the Rail Industry requires a Risk and Value Manager to provide specialist Risk and Value Management (R&VM) assurance and support services.
Liaise with relevant project and programme teams to drive and embed R&VM Culture across the Enhancement projects community and increase R&VM maturity.
What you will do:
- Provide leadership and guidance to project teams in the concept of risk management, value management and lessons learnt, maintaining their application to all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Monitor all projects so that they comply with the risk and value management procedures mandated by Infrastructure Projects.
- Facilitate risk, value management and lessons learned workshops as required.
- Monitor the output of others who undertake such workshops to monitor competence, consistency and compliance with Rail procedures.
- In conjunction with the Enhancements Leadership team, develop and maintain a high-level risk register (cost and schedule) for the Enhancements projects portfolio.
- In conjunction with the Principal Programme Controls Manager (PPCM), own and manage a forward programme of risk and value management interventions, supporting GRIP requirements for the Enhancements portfolio.
- Promote the joint evaluation of risks with principal contractors / suppliers to establish a basis for risk sharing and incentives.
- Comply with the R&V Competence Framework.
Your experience will include:
- Competent in all aspects of project and business risk management facilitation
- Able to build complicated cost, schedule and business risk models in a number of applications (including @Risk; Primervera Schedule Analyses (PRA) and Active Risk Management (ARM) databases).
- Able to explain the results of risk assessments to non-specialists
- Can suggest appropriate risk assessments and management actions for identified risks, to non-specialists
- Knowledge of risk management techniques within a capital project management environment