Up to £0.00 per annum
4 months ago
Job Purpose Summary
To lead a positive and consistent risk culture through the promotion and the continuous improvement of the Capital Delivery risk protocols, processes, procedures and software systems. Leading the Capital Delivery team in embedding risk management protocols and processes to enable programmes to successfully achieve their objectives through mature risk-based decision making. The role will be recognised across Capital Delivery and Thames Water as a subject matter expert.
Main Accountabilities / Outputs
1. Alongside the Head of Risk, Governance and Assurance, develop and implement a Capital Delivery risk and opportunities strategy and embed the methodology across Capital Delivery using processes, procedures and systems.
2. Assure and challenge risk and opportunity register(s) in Active Risk Manager (ARM), Excel or other risk database or analysis software utilising insight from all key stakeholders.
3. Provide insight and robust challenge into the Intelligent Client and the Contractor's risk profiles to help safeguard Thames Water's financial and operational exposure in the delivery of a circa £1bn (per annum) capital programme.
4. Embed a positive risk culture within the programmes and project(s) including management, delivery and training of recognised risk management practices.
5. Ensure the effective identification and management of programme and project risks and opportunities across the Capital Delivery portfolio through engagement with relevant key stakeholders and project leadership teams.
6. Identify, analyse and report on risks and opportunities and provide input into the reporting of the status of risk management to key stakeholders.
7. Develop cost models (QCRA) and schedule models (QSRA) and present Confidence Reports providing insight into each.
8. Identify and implement appropriate Risk Performance Indicators to drive a proactive approach to Risk Management.
9. Provide mentoring, risk management training and coaching to Risk Managers and Risk Co-ordinators within the team and Capital Delivery.
10. Complete deep dives and risk audits on programmes, specific projects, packages or risks to gain assurance on the quantification of risk exposure and quality of the controls and action plans.
11. Provide support for managing the remediation of identified gaps resulting from deep dives and risk audits.
Skills, qualifications, experience - minimum required
* Expert knowledge of programme and project risk management processes and principles
* Expert knowledge of risk management in large construction projects
* Knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management Processes and Principles
* Expert knowledge of and experience in commercial risk principles
* Expert knowledge of and experience in using risk analysis techniques for modelling risk (schedule and cost)
* Compile and analyse confidence models and work with stakeholders to leverage benefit
* Experience using Risk Management Software, experience using ARM is desirable
* Strong stakeholder engagement and communication skills
* Knowledge of the utility / water sector highly advantageous
Budget controlled: N/A
No. of employees managed: Typically less than 5
Other relevant Skills: Knowledge and/or experience of Primavera Risk Analyser, @Risk, Predict, ARM, Xactium