Up to £0.00 per annum
3 months ago
Our client in the Nuclear Sector has a number of vacancies for Riggers to be based at their site operations in Newbury. These are contract positions commencing early November and due to complete on 31 December 2018. Competitive rates on offer to local/traveller applicants who are suitably qualified and experienced
- Report to the Site Manager /Site Supervisor/Engineer for all matters relating to quality and safety.
- Undertake all work as instructed by the Site Manager/Site Supervisor to the requirements of the task documentation (i.e. Method Statement; Construction Plan; Risk Assessments etc.), with due care to minimise the potential for inadvertent disturbance to site plant or equipment.
- Comply in addition to the above-mentioned documents, with all other relevant safety instructions as identified through the Site Manager/Site Supervisor.
- Perform work whilst avoiding danger to themselves and to others that might be affected by their acts or omissions
- Report all anomalies, safety hazards, plant damage and specific problems through the Site Supervisor/Engineer before proceeding further.
- Use plant and equipment correctly, and in accordance with training and instruction provided.
- 'Build only to the Print' in compliance with the requirements of the design intent.
- Adopt at all times the S*T*A*R*T principle. Stop, Think, Act, Review and Tell whilst engaged on all types of works on site.
- Attend weekly Toolbox Talks on matters of safety and Company policy.
- Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments.
- Participate in the Pre & Post Job De-Briefs.
Qualifications & Experience
- Recognised Training Scheme or Apprenticeship (CITB/Company Training Scheme).
- Site Installation/Maintenance experience (preferred) in Nuclear Industry/Power Generation.
- Aware of Nuclear Class 1 Installation Requirements and Standards
Mandatory Additional Requirements
- Hold relevant CSCS card for their trades/skills.
- Be prepared to have Compulsory and Random Drugs & Alcohol Testing
- Hold valid licences, tickets, authorisations for the roles they have been appointed to
- Have carried out Manual Handling training.
- Are fully conversant with the Health and Safety at work act 1974.
- Have experience working on a building/Construction environment.
- Are fit and healthy to undertake Physical/Manual labour.
- Provide evidence of all qualifications (which must be in date)
Desirable Additional Requirements - along with your trade qualification, any of the following would be beneficial:
- Lifting Equipment Operator
- Forklift truck operator licence.
- PASMA qualification.
- Pipe fitting.
- Cable running.
- Electric Pallet truck operator.
- Pneumatic tug operator. (Master mover) (Training may be provided)
- Knowledge, experience on Hydraulic systems installation.
- Able to read installation drawings and follow instructions
- Hand tool and power tool competent
- Ladder/Stepladder inspection.
- PAT Tester
- Abrasive Wheels
- Fire Safety, Fire Watch, Hot works
- Loler AP Lifting equipment inspector
- Stores/Supplies control.