Up to £40 per hour
about 1 month ago
RF Test Systems Hardware Engineer
Duration: 6 months
Rate: £40 per hour LTD
Our client seeks a Test Systems Hardware Engineer to work within the Communication Processor group.
The successful candidate will be supporting the design & delivery of test solutions to satisfy project requirements and to provide support during the execution of the project production phase.
In particular, the Test Systems Engineer supports the Lead Test System Engineers in providing the solution design and delivery encompassing Hardware, Software, System Build & Integration and Validation leading to the successful delivery of the Test Solution as required for the specific Project Campaign.
The Test Systems Engineer also supports the production of the test solution documentation and formal reviews with Projects.
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Design, Integration, Validation and Documentation of RF Test Systems solutions; this role shall include all efforts required to deliver the test & control solution, including all hardware aspects where applicable and coordination of these disciplines where appropriate
- Ensures that the developed solution is developed and produced within the relevant issued quality processes
- Liaise with Project Responsible Engineer to achieve successful project milestone reviews with associated document inputs
- Responsible for maintaining the solution and for providing support through the project operations phase (with the support of the Test Operations organisation)
- To provide responses/advice with respect to test hardware related occurrence reports and non-conformance raised
- Supports the weekly and monthly reporting to the project team and to the department management team
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Extensive proven ability of the complete Test System Development Cycle and Test Philosophies
- Proven ability to interpret test requirements through to test system design, development, delivery and support in a production environment
- Knowledge of maintaining complex multi-faceted test & control solutions
- Proven track record of delivery OQOTOC
- Knowledge of Hardware Products in particular RF Amplifiers & Converters
- Applications: General Keysight equipment and measurement techniques for Network & Spectrum Analysis, Frequency Generation and Modulation, Power Supply control and provision of control signals
- Able to provide Test Reports & Result analysis
- Ideally, you have good analytical skills and methodical approach to problem resolution and investigations
- Able to present technical data to peers and project managers in a coherent manner