£17.65 - £30.59 per hour
12 days ago
The AIT RF Test Operator is responsible for performing unit electrical integration, and RF performance testing on spacecraft payloads, using Automated Test Equipment (ATE) and manual test equipment.
- Perform electrical test activities throughout all test phases of the project life-cycle.
- Perform electrical integration on payloads using both automated test equipment and manual measurements, using equipment such as oscilloscopes and multi-meters.
- Perform manual RF measurements of payload equipment and sub systems using equipment such as Power Meters, Spectrum Analysers, Network analysers and signal Generators.
- Run automated test sequences using a Payload Test System (PTS) in accordance with issued test procedures.
- Check performance of payload equipment against parameters detailed in test procedures and review results for non-conformances.
- Perform connection of test hardware (DC, Coaxial & Waveguide) to flight interfaces following company processes.
- Complete build records to comply with company quality standards.
- Maintain 5S principles and carry out daily audits to keep integration areas (tools, toolboxes, workstations, etc.) clean and organized
- Specification & qualification of standard parts/materials
- RF test experience in high quality manufacturing/test environment related to communication equipment (antennas, mobile phones etc.).
- Previous use of spectrum analysers / PSA and/or network analysers (PNA / PNA-X).
- Previous use of electrical test equipment such as oscilloscopes and multimeters.
- Experience in working to test procedures.
- Ability to define a specification for a Standard Part, covering the system or structure (where the part is used), or a Standard Material Ability to develop component, environmental and installation requirements
- Ability to specify the minimum required and sufficient tests to qualify each requirement: - understand what tests are needed to qualify each requirement - how to choose from the reference environmental standard tests.
- Ability to analyze the test results and to deliver the technical qualification conclusion.
- Experience with design equipment's such as SSPAs, LNAs, Frequency Converters, Receivers and Beacon equipment for satellite communication payloads from UHF through to Ka ban and provide manufacturing support, assessment of mechanical realisation and oversight of production test.
- Undertake detailed design of such equipment's.
- Perform development testing of own designs and support the lead engineer.
- Generate equipment analysis documentation for internal and external design reviews.
- Support product production including results reviews and problem solving from sub-circuit through to equipment level.
- Technically liaise with customer and partner companies.
- The candidate will be educated to degree level with a good pass (upper second as a minimum) in an engineering related subject.
- Work hours could include shift patterns such as 4 days on, 4 days off 12hr shifts, early shift 06.00 - 14.00, late shift 14.00 - 22.00 or night shift 22.00 - 06.00. Candidates may also be required to work weekend's on occasion so need to be fully flexible.
- Telecommunication / Aerospace industry / military engineering previous experience
- Availability to work abroad at short notice.
- Clean room experience