Bolton, Greater Manchester
8 days ago
RF Test Engineer
Location: Bristol Duration: 6 Months Pay Rate: Negotiable
- Investigate non-compliant high-power amplifiers (and their high-level build).
- Develop tuning methods to improve power amplifier performance.
- Enhance current test philosophies to streamline series production testing.
- Continual assistance to operations / testing, regularly reporting on non-compliant hardware and the ability to recover it to assist manufacturing programmes.
- Perform RF calibration / characterisation to test systems and ensure multiple platforms are within measurement uncertainty of each other.
Skills Summary / Proven ability
- RF Manufacture.
- RF Testing: select-on-test tuning and product diagnostics in coaxial and wave guide systems, up to (but not explicit by) J-Band.
- Working with power amplifiers, preferably high-power applications.
- Use of a Vector Network Analyser (VNA) to take small signal and S-Parameter measurements.
- Use of signal / spectrum analyser equipment & measurements, analogue / digital signal generators and power sensors.
- Testing power amplifiers and ability to measure / interrogate pulse characteristics.
Knowledge of solid state technology within RF devices would be advantageous, in particular GaN & GaAs devices and their advantage / place within products of the future.
Additional Security Information
Due to the sensitive nature of the product, all applicants must have worked within the Defence industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level minimum).