£28.40 - £37.00 per hour
8 months ago
The Spacecraft Production UK department is looking for an RF Test Engineer. This role sits within the Satellite Payload Test and Validation work stream.
The RF Test Engineer is typically responsible for the preparation of the test procedures and the operational support to the AIT Operations team. Main responsibilities include the test procedure preparation in line with the test requirements prior to the delivery to the clean room, test phase planning and sequencing, test readiness preparation, assessment and support during the test phase, evaluation for access and orientations reviews.
On project and for day to day activities, the RF Test Engineer supports the Head of the Payload Test Managers, who manages the workload of the team between project preparation and support and longer-term development activities. The role includes taking part in the long-term development of procedures and test procedure automation.
- As part of the RF Engineering Team, the successful candidate will be in charge of the preparation required for the development of a test phase and also to provide support during the different test phases such as alignment, section test, TCR and end to end test campaign for the different projects
- To support projects and cascade knowledge to other payload test Engineers
- Test phase planning and sequencing providing input to the master schedule
- Focal point for all procedure related activities post design / customization and through to operational support (possibly including out of hours / on-call support)
- Liaise with the Test Manager (owner of the AIT Test preparation schedule) to achieve successful project milestones reviews with associated document inputs
- Support the weekly and monthly reporting to the project team and to the AIT department management team
- Work hand-in-hand with the Payload AIT Quality organization to ensure adherence to standard processes
- Support the engineer in charge of the project customization phase and the payload test manager in the definition the test planes and interfaces. The RF Engineer will support the investigation of non-conformances, contributing to problem solving, implementation of investigations and corrective actions as detailed by the NRB.
- Take an active role in the Payload AIT Test Continuous Improvement through Lessons Learnt and Second Closure
- Knowledge of RF Test techniques or RF systems
- Knowledge of RF Test Systems and RF instruments (Network analysers, Spectrum Analysers, AWG; Power Meters; RF Amplifiers, Oscilloscopes; etc.)
- Teamwork with good communication skills
- MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Previous industrial experience is not mandatory
- Telecom Payload
- Result processing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Basic (Excel Macros)
- Leadership attributes
- Analysis skills and methodical approach to problem resolution and investigations
- Understanding of the functionality of communication satellites and practical knowledge of complex test campaigns
- Availability to work abroad as well as shift, 'on-call' and weekend working as required
- An Engineering degree with a specialisation in RF / Electronics / Aerospace
- Knowledge in instrumentation is desirable but not essential.