£39.56 - £45.00 per hour + Ltd Co
0161 707 1516
2 months ago
RF Test & Validation Engineer
Portsmouth - 12 month contract - Pay rate £45 p/h Ltd or £39.56 PAYE including holiday pay
We are looking to recruit a RF Test and Validation Engineer to work for our client on satellite engineering projects. The RF Test and Validation Engineer is responsible for the systems level preparation and execution of all test activities involving telecom payload up to the delivery to the Satellite Integration Facility. It also requires a strong link to the spacecraft level Payload Validation Engineer in order to support any preparation activities that may be required.
The role is to apply a "systems" approach to the testing to make sure all hardware, software, requirements, design, interfaces, resources and planning between different disciplines on the project is consistent and managed.
The RF Test and Validation Engineer is required to manage all aspects of Payload testing and performance verification in accordance with the customer technical and schedule requirements using the most cost effective methods. This role is critical to the success of each Payload Project as it is key to the validation of Payload performance in front of our customers.
The tasks will include planning and review of all payload test phases, provision of guidance and clarification to UK and Satellite Integration Facility AIT staff including 'hands on' support in the cleanroom, support to Non Conformance Reviews/ disposition of anomalous results, liaison with customer representatives, preparation and attendance at test reviews and support to the preparation of test reports.
- Responsible for the analysis of customer requirements & definition of appropriate verification methods (Test, Analysis, Review of Design, Inspection).
- Responsible for Project requirement traceability through the generation of a Design, Verification Document (DVM).
- Responsible for ensuring that all activities identified in Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) are successfully conducted.
- Responsible for definition of the Communications Module Test Strategy in line with requirements through Customer & Project liaison & negotiation.
- Responsible for managing repeater performance validation via test - equipment and repeater level.
- Definition of standard Airbus validation approach for new payload architectures.
- Identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Interface between customer representatives, payload projectteamandAIT-PTH
- Provision of data to other AIT discipline (Payload Configurations, Test Matrices, Test Requirements)
- Payload project team representative to AIT-PTH CM Test preparation meetings.
- Focal point for payload project team for all payload test/build related activities pre-CM delivery to the Satellite Integration Facility.
- Prepare payload project team input to reviews & attend reviews
- PDR, CDR, TRRs, TRBs, NRBs, etc.
- Communications system design and analysis
- Knowledge of Validation and Verification processes
- Knowledge of RF Test techniques.
- Teamwork with good communication skills.
- Knowledge of Telecom Payloads
- Payload system design and analysis
- Leadership attributes
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Basic (Excel Macros)
- Knowledge of RF Test Systems and RF instruments. (Network analysers, Spectrum analysers, AWG; Power Meters; RF Amplifiers, Oscilloscopes; etc.)
- Analysis skills and methodical approach to problem resolution and investigations
- Understanding of the functionality of communication satellites and practical knowledge of complex test campaigns.
- Availability to work abroad if required, as well as shift, 'on-call' and weekend working as required during test activities. On-call uplift applicable.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the tasks involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance. You will be able to start under a Baseline Personnel Security Standard check, with the higher level SC application ongoing in the background once you have started.