Up to £23.00 per hour + shift uplift
4 months ago
The role is responsible for performing unit electrical integration, and RF performance testing on satellite payloads and instruments, using Automated Test Equipment (ATE) and manual test equipment.
This individual is responsible for performing electrical test activities throughout all test phases of the project life-cycle. Specific responsibilities include;
- Perform electrical integration on payloads using both automated test equipment and manual measurements, using COTS equipment such as oscilloscopes and multi-meters.
- Perform manual RF measurements of payload equipment and sub systems using equipment such as Power Meters, Spectrum Analysers, Network analysers and signal Generators.
- Run automated test sequences using a Payload Test System (PTS) in accordance with issued test procedures.
- Check performance of payload equipment against parameters detailed in test procedures and review results for non-conformances.
- Perform connection of test hardware (DC, Coaxial & Waveguide) to flight interfaces following company processes.
- Complete build records to comply with company quality standards.
Qualifications and/or Skills
Automated test experience/RF measurement techniques in high reliability manufacturing / test area related to communication equipment
Electrical and RF communication engineering and measurement techniques, working to test procedures.
Practical / hands on relevant COTS Electrical and RF measurement instruments (oscilloscopes, multi-meters, Power Meters, Spectrum Analysers, Network analysers, PNA / PNA-X and signal Generators)
Knowledge of current software applied to measurement systems is desirable, knowledge of automatic test systems and result processing
Manager of Payload AIT Electrical Test
Role will initially be normal days (Monday to Friday) for a period of familiarisation, however, there is an expectation that the programme will require shift work which is typically 4 days on, 4 days off, 4 nights on and 4 nights off. Day shifts will run from 06:00 to 18:00 or 07:00 to 19:00 and nights shifts will run from 18:00 to 06:00 or 19:00 to 07:00.
A shift uplift of 20% will be paid for shift hours between 06:00 and 22:00 and 33% for shift hours between 22:00 and 06:00.
**contractors may be required to travel to other UK and International sites, shift work has the potential to include nights and weekends**