negotiable hourly rate
about 1 year ago
We seek a contract RF SYSTEMS ENGINEER to be based in Portsmouth
The successful individual will have:
- Demonstrable post-graduate ability in Communications System Engineering,
- A methodical approach to the work with sufficient commitment and drive to see the task through even where adverse conditions are encountered,
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proven ability working direct with customers and will be able to demonstrate a capability of presenting ideas and concepts to the customer.
- The ability to efficiently organise and co-ordinate their work with the ability to provide innovative solutions and to communicate them.
Key tasks will involve one or more of the following:
- End-to-end communications RF system design and development
- Payload systems
- Ground terminal system design
- System design studies
- RF systems performance analysis
- End-to-end network performance analysis (capacity, QoS performance)
- Requirements analysis
- System specification development
- System sub-element specification
- RF System test strategy development and Validation, Verification and Test plan documentation
- RF Interfaces
- Functional interfaces with Management Segment, modems and complex antenna systems.
PROVEN ABILITY / SKILLS
A proven track record in two or more of the following is required:
RF system design and implementation, digital and analogue communications, communications protocols, RF system performance analysis, spread spectrum techniques, payload systems design and analysis, system and sub-system specification writing, requirements management and tracing.
A proven track record in two or more of the following is desirable:
SATCOM systems (spacecraft and/or ground terminals), Military systems (networks and applications), Multiple Access Protocols, DAMA, Modem systems, RF systems.
Tool Knowledge of OpNet, HP Advanced Design System, Visual Basic, NetViz, DOORS is desired.