Up to £40.00 per hour
0161 707 1516
3 months ago
The Telecom Payload System Engineering team is responsible for providing engineering support to the Telecom business line for payload projects; payload R&D activities; proposals and for the development of advanced payload products.
- The role has a strong focus on RF System performance analysis, but also includes Electrical Systems and EMC.
- Understand or interpret customer requirements.
- Assist in the design processes for a telecom payload (for the initial phase of the project / if applicable).
- Support the production of detailed equipment specifications; working hand-in-hand with Payload Equipment Specialist and Equipment Technical Authority.
- Analysis of payload system architecture.
- As part of a project team, perform RF analyses of payload performances.
- Take part to the preparation of analysis data with relevant analysis tools.
- Compile written reports or analysis documentation.
- Review inputs prepared by the RF System team for the reviews with the customer.
- Presentation of analysis data to the customer (in the context of customers' gate reviews: PDR; BDR; CDR; etc.).
- Support the test campaigns and the analysis of test results, working hand-in-hand with the Assembly, Integration and Test operations team (working in clean room environment).
- Lead investigation of technical issues or problems.
- Provide support to other groups such as the Mechanical Design Office, Purchasing, equipment suppliers and Assembly and Integration Test teams.
- Support customer and supplier design/test review meetings (in support of the 'Justify design and build' process).
Experience and Skills Required:
- RF communication engineering
- RF Instruments; Test Equipment and Test technique
- Working within an environment controlled strictly through an established Quality system
- Microwave / high frequency RF engineering
- Knowledge of Satellite Communications systems
- An understanding of equipment fitted to the Satellite payload such as receivers, converters, amplifiers, waveguides and antennas
- Previous experience of tools used for the model of RF systems or Telecom systems would be a plus (Matlab; Octave; SystemVue; etc.)
- Modulation and coding schemes
- Engineering life cycles and equipment/system/payload or environmental testing
- Quality standards
- Proficient in MS Office applications, especially Microsoft Excel