Bolton, Greater Manchester
Up to £40.00 per hour
8 months ago
The RF Engineer will be primarily responsible to provide support to the manufacturing capability to investigate non-compliant high-power amplifiers (and their high-level build), develop tuning methods to improve power amplifier performance and enhance current test philosophies to streamline series production testing.
Continual assistance to operations / testing, regularly reporting on non-compliant hardware and the ability to recover it to assist manufacturing programmes.
Perform RF calibration / characterisation to test systems and ensure multiple platforms are within measurement uncertainty of each other.
- HNC/HND (Electronics) Level of Qualifications or equivalent, plus substantial level of experience in RF Manufacture and Test.
- Experience of RF testing, select-on-test tuning and product diagnostics in coaxial and wave guide systems, up to (but not explicit by) J-Band. Working with power amplifiers, preferably high-power applications.
- Familiar with using a Vector Network Analyser to take small signal and S-Parameter measurements. Along with a VNA, experience with signal / spectrum analyser equipment & measurements, analogue / digital signal generators and power sensors.
- Experience testing power amplifiers and ability to measure / interrogate pulse characteristics.
- Knowledge of solid state technology within RF devices would be advantageous, in particular GaN & GaAs devices and their advantage / place within products of the future.
- Attention to detail.