8 months ago
Our client is seeking RF Engineers to be responsible for designing RF and Microwave circuits with very high-performance levels, for Radar Systems and Radar receivers.
The types of circuit worked with are various receiver architectures, Phase-locked loops, Direct Digital Synthesisers, and general RF circuit design primarily using commercial components on microwave PCBs. They use a combination of the latest cutting-edge RF components and also tried-and-tested design approaches. The work involves extensive use of computer aided design tools, and also practical construction of lab prototypes. They work with a variety of active and passive components, mostly surface mount devices of RF and microwave PCBs.
- Full hardware lifecycle for products: from system concept, through detailed design and prototyping, test and verification, system integration and support in production.
- Creating high quality and robust designs, for fully documenting and recording your work products, keeping them under configuration management and providing plans and progress reports.
- Carrying out all detail design activities from requirements capture to design verification; ensure design reviews are completed successfully; prepare robust manufacturing data packs; provide technical support to sub-contracts and engineering interface with manufacturing.
- Working closely with Systems, Test and Electronics engineers you will be solving real integration problems on complex systems
Key Skills / Proven ability
- Understanding of Radar Systems or Radar Receivers. This would include current practical knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Frequency synthesiser design, Receiver architectures and design, General RF and microwave PCB-level design with COTS active and passive components;
- Proven ability of working with some of the following:
- DDS, PLL, DAC, ADC, high dynamic range / low noise design, phase noise;
- Knowledge in at least one of: AWR Microwave Office, Keysight ADS, Matlab, CST.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION
We seek RF Engineers who have worked in a military / defence environment / industry within the last 12 months or who are capable of obtaining security clearance (SC level minimum)