£40.00 - £45.00 per hour
4 months ago
Undertaking specific RF electronics designs. Interfacing with Datalink core team and Design Authority ensuring the designs are delivered on time and to cost whilst also integrating successfully to the other parts of the system. The role is highly technical RF Design and hands on testing and proving is essential. The role will work extensively with other functions of the business, in particular Software & Firmware Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Production and Future Systems.
AT THE COAL FACE / PROVEN ABILITY / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proven relevant RF electronics design experience (likely to be the design of 3 or 4 complex RF electronic items using the latest technologies), preferably for harsh environments (EMC, Vibration, thermal).
- Able to guide the design implementation of RF Electronics Receiver / Transmit amplifier chains, filters and frequency synthesisers over the 30Mhz to 30GHz range. Software Defined Radios of good advantage.
- Knowledge and proven best practice design of power supplies and digital interfaces for use in a RF product.
- Proven ability to manage the development and delivery of RF electronic equipment including associated technologies through all stages of the development process.
- Planning and organisation skills with a record of delivering to time and cost.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A RF ELECTRONICS DESIGNER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)