Our client is looking for an RF / Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Architect for a contract position.
Location can be Crawley/Reading/Bristol with flexible working available, with on-site at Crawley site when needed.
The successful candidate will work within the secure communications & information systems unit by contributing to DSP architectures for a wide range of defence and commercial related products.
Current projects involve the latest class leading devices and development tools for FPGA, SoC, DAC and ADC hardware architectures. This role will also involve keeping up with advances in the field of DSP, so future developments may target bespoke and innovative processors.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities
- Decomposition and interpretation of systems requirements
- Developing DSP algorithms for Software Defined radio and Electronic Counter Measure applications
- Design and development of DSP algorithms with solid understanding of target hardware
- Design and development of DSP algorithms with an understanding of how to efficiently partition designs across FPGA and / or processors i.e. understand what does what best/ efficiently.
- Design and development of DSP algorithm with an understanding of ensuring algorithms can be designed to be efficiently executed in FPGA VHDL.
- Design and development of algorithms with understanding of executing them in C/ C++ or similar within target processors
- Simulation analysis of DSP algorithms and ownership of the DSP Golden reference model.
The successful Engineer should possess the following skills / proven ability:
- Matlab / Simulink for RF Digital Signal Processing (DSP) algorithm development
- Implementation of complex designs with a focus on Digital Signal Processing using FPGA and processor devices
- Understanding of DSP techniques such as up/down conversion, filter design, FFT etc.
- Simulation of designs against requirements
- Understanding of fundamental high-speed digital design
- Good understanding of the efficient implementation of signal processing elements of processor devices
- Full development of full lifecycle from requirements capture, through design, implementation, tests, integration, verification and validation
WE SEEK AN ENGINEER WHO HAS IDEALLY WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)