13 days ago
Our client is seeking an RF Designer for a 6 month contract at their site in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
The successful candidate will be the designer for specific RF electronics designs. Interfaces to various stakeholders, such as the Datalink core team, Design Authority and other functional entities will need to be managed effectively to ensure the designs are delivered in a timely manner and will integrate to the other parts of the system.
The role is substantially technical and hand on testing and proving is essential.
Collaborative working with other functions of the business, in particular Software & Firmware Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Production and Future Systems.
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
To be suitable for this role, individuals will be able to demonstrate a significant number of the following attributes:
- Proven relevant RF electronics design ability (likely to be the design of 3 or 4 complex RF electronic items using the latest technologies), preferably for harsh environments (EMC, Vibration, thermal)
- Can guide the design implementation of RF Electronics Receiver / Transmit amplifier chains, filters and frequency synthesisers over the 30Mhz to 30GHz range. Software Defined Radios of good advantage
- Knowledge and proven best practice design of power supplies and digital interfaces for use in a RF product
- Proven ability to manage the development and delivery of RF electronic equipment including associated technologies through all stages of the development process
- Planning and organisation skills with a record of delivering to time and cost
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Self-starter with drive, energy and enthusiasm and a clear focus on delivery and results