Birmingham, West Midlands
£450.00 - £550.00 per day
25 days ago
Reporting into the Head of Reward, this purpose of the role is to contribute to the design and development of the reward strategy, ensuring that policy and practice is aligned to the People strategies.
Responsibility for managing and overseeing the implementation and ongoing maintenance of the overall organisation design process, encompassing job evaluation and sizing, grading structures and job families, and benchmarking.
Lead on the implementation of new and existing reward programmes and initiatives (e.g. annual salary review process) providing advice and direction to senior management and the HR team.
Key responsibilities will include
* Manage the Reward team to provide a pragmatic, customer focused, creative and commercially grounded reward service. Ensure the team are developed personally, professional and technically.
* Work closely within the Reward and Performance Centre of Excellence (CoE) to agree on priorities and design of reward policies, processes and programmes to support the development, execution and consistent delivery of the business strategy.
* Responsible for managing key external partner relationships at a senior level continually driving enhanced value from all contracts and ensuring quality service is delivered
* Manage and oversee the implementation and ongoing maintenance of the overall organisation design process, encompassing job evaluation and sizing, grading structures and job families, and benchmarking.
* Lead on the implementation of new and existing reward programmes and initiatives (e.g. annual salary review process) providing advice and direction to senior management and the HR team
* Contribute to job grading and evaluation, liaising with external benchmark providers, delivering job levelling and benchmarking and managing internal and external benchmarking
* Support the design and development of pensions and benefits plans through analysing and evaluating plans and preparing analysis for management decision-making and report production.
* Actively pursue an understanding of pay trends, both nationally and regionally, and within relevant sectors, translating this understanding into the solutions
* Ensure regulatory and audit compliance regarding reward programmes and policies.
Person Specification and required experience
* Extensive reward experience gained within the Civil Service or to have an understanding of Public Sector Grading
* Proven experience in Hay Job Evaluation Methodology - essential
* Proven experience in developing and evolving an organisation that interfaces with employees, vendors, HR business owners, unions and technology
* Experience in all areas of rewards and recognition including pay, benefits, pension, job evaluation, and executive compensation
* Ability to scope reward programmes as aligned to the business strategy and national, local and role-specific requirements
* Advanced Excel user