Greater Manchester, N. W. England, England
5 days ago
Opportunity for an experienced BIM coordinator to join a leading Engineering and Construction business in their Manchester Office. My client is looking for someone who can bring their BIM expertise to an exciting MEP team and help continue to shape their BIM strategy.
The Building BIM Coordinator (MEP) plays an important role in the design delivery and design integration of projects delivered by the Buildings business. Using technical experience and excellent people skills, the Building BIM Coordinator will be responsible for the digital delivery of the engineering design for projects.
You will be used to producing co-ordinated building services designs and associated deliverables in an integrated and holistic manner using appropriate modelling and associated analytic software play a key role in leading and implementing the design and delivery process.
A BIM lead (MEP) will be responsible for:
- The digital delivery of the MEP models and information management of the MEP design from bid stage to project close out.
- Acting as a technical interface with IT support services for the engineering toolset.
- Provide the delivery of digital outputs within project teams
- Task level management of BIM models.
- Representing the client in liaising with clients, engineers and other design team members.
- Developing and maintaining excellent team relationships through successful project execution.
- Assisting in the preparation of technical and commercial bid proposals, producing BEPs
- Mentor and support engineers with Revit designs
- Relevant experience in the design, specification and procurement of buildings.
- Experience of using REVIT.
- Experience in Microstation would be an advantage
- Experience in the successful management of the MEP elements of projects.
- Experience and understanding of multi-disciplinary design processes.
- The ability to confidently represent the client at external design team meetings.
- An excellent knowledge of BIM and the ability to implement the use 3D multi-disciplinary modelling on projects.
- An understanding of the analyticall tools that support the MEP, including the ability to undertake early energy modelling, detailed energy calculations, lighting and day lighting would be beneficial.
- The ability to use modelling and analytic tools to eliminate health and safety risks in the design.
- Competitive salary, package and benefits
- Good work life balance and flexibility
- Professional development and training
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual bonus