3 months ago
- Resource Planning Manager - Stansted Airport
- Initial 3 Month contract
- Day rate (negotiable)
Reporting to the Head of Operations Planning and Resource, this role will deliver short, medium and long term resource plans for the major operational areas across Stansted Airport.
The principle drivers will be to develop resource plans for the operational teams that deliver optimal efficiency and maintain regulatory compliance.
This role will work closely with Airport operational teams to provide a constant focus on delivering a robust operation, while simultaneously driving efficiencies and colleague engagement.
The department is about to embark on a period of substantial change in the way it operates. The investment in a new Workforce Management (WFM) tool and the adoption of new Microsoft Office functionality will enable the team to streamline many of its manual processes. The department is on a path to become a 'centre of excellence' for the airport, driving a focus on data, reporting and analytical thinking.
This role will manage a team of c.18 people who produce rosters and workplans for over 1000 colleagues across the airport.
MAG is the country's largest airport group. We own Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports. However, our airports are so much more than the place where your holiday starts! Behind the scenes thousands of MAG employees work tirelessly 24hrs a day, 7 days a week across numerous operational departments to ensure that our customers experience a seamless, enjoyable and safe travel experience.
- Provide resource planning for key workforces across the airport, balancing the need of the operation, our colleagues and our financial obligations
- To deliver accurate resource forecasts (long, medium and short term)
- Accountable for demand conversion, rostering and deployment
- To create rosters that meet the forecast demand based on accurate operational performance
- To balance the use of flexible resource and overtime to deliver a compliant operation
- Conduct analysis and run scenarios to inform the optimal resourcing strategy
- To work alongside IT to deliver a new workforce management tool (WFM)
- Work with the Stansted Transformation Resource Planning Manager and the Recruitment team to develop a long-term recruitment strategy
- Lead creation of future business plans
- Provide weekly and monthly analysis on spend and resourcing performance
- Instil an analytical way of working across the team, coaching and sharing expertise
For this role, the following experience is required;
- Significant experience in leading a team with equivalent experience in a planning, financial or an equally technical discipline
- Experience of managing change/departmental growth and demonstrable experience of improving performance by introducing more efficient working practices/technology
- Experience in managing complex stakeholder relationships, managing a large cost base, alongside proven planning capability
- Able to learn new IT systems and processes, alongside strong knowledge of MS Excel/Powerpoint
- Familiar with business planning and possess an analytical mindset
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You must be able to articulate complex scenarios in a simple, clear and consistent manner.