Up to £36.00 per hour
6 months ago
Our client is a leading Aerospace Defence company in need of a Requirements Engineer to work at their facility in Broughton, Chester on a project designing and manufacturing military carriers. This is long term contract work for the right candidate. Full details below:
Summary of Role
Reporting to the Programme Engineering Manager, you will be required to execute and support the deployment of Programme Requirements through DOORS through the full lifecycle from Requirements Capture to V&V closure.
The Requirements Engineer provides assistance to Engineering on complex technical data in support of new and existing programmes. Maintaining an accurate history of the evolution of the system requirement set; ensuring all supporting information is linked and readily accessible. You will review documents to verify completeness and accuracy of data, resolving discrepancies with originators while aligning with customer and company policies and procedures.
Specifically this role is responsible for:
- Facilitating requirements capture activities.
- Assist with the creation and oversee maintenance of the product requirement set.
- Ensuring the quality of the product requirements set.
- Ensuring compliance to requirements engineering process/good practice.
- Training others in requirements engineering process/good practice.
- Assisting with DOORS Setup, population, management and Administration.
- Participating in process improvement activities.
- Assisting with the production of technical documentation for product release.
- Interface with all levels of customer and multiple user groups each representing different systems within the programme.
- Maintain traceability of requirements across the development lifecycle. Utilising standard company Requirements Management tool; IBM Rational DOORS to produce and maintain a Verification Cross Reference Matrix (VCRM).
- To produce a baseline of the VCRM throughout the product lifecycle in accordance with the Systems Engineering Management and Software Development Plans.
- Produce bespoke views and reports as required by the engineering and programme management.
- Liaise closely with the Configuration and Data Management (CMDM) Team to ensure the requirements baseline is kept under Configuration Change Control as required by the programme.
- Communication of RM policies and procedures to employees and stakeholders.
We are looking for someone who is educated to Degree level or equivalent with relevant aerospace experience in Mechanical Design and Systems Engineering (SE) discipline.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or Science based subject or equivalent industry experience
- Delivering system engineering activities on complex military or equivalent systems
- Maintenance of the requirements specifications including managing change using DOORS, including DXL Scripting.
- Management of sub-system specifications and interface control documents
- Review and sentencing of supplier acceptance evidence
- Development of verification & acceptance statements at system and subsystem level
- Generation of evidence for the certification of complex systems and sub-systems
- Experience working in a DAOS accredited organisation
- Familiar with Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) Principles
- Familiarity with the UK MoD Acquisition System Guidance (ASG) Framework
Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate must be able/ willing to obtain SC Clearance. You can start the role with this in progress.