Eccles, Greater Manchester
Aerospace and Defence, Automotive and Motorsport, Building, Construction and Infrastructure, IT and Cyber, Morson, Oil and Gas, Power, Nuclear and Utilities, Professional Services, Rail Jobs and Transportation
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Healthcare, pension, parking
5 months ago
Morson are the UK's leading technical recruitment agency, with over 40 years' experience, a turnover in excess of £800 million and offices across the world, we supply engineers and technical expertise to some of the world's biggest brands.
We are looking for a driven, enthusiastic Financial Reporting Accountant to join our dynamic team of qualified and part qualified accountants at our Head Office in Salford. This is a newly created role with responsibilities across all areas of the accounting and financial reporting process.
Technical Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Assist with the co-ordination of the annual audit and financial statement preparation process for the Group and its subsidiaries
- Liaise with the external auditors
- Assist in preparation and review of statutory returns
- Assist with the implementation of new IFRS applicable to the Group
- Involvement in ad hoc financial reporting and financial systems projects, such as implementing improvements in reporting and consolidation processes
Also it is essential that the position becomes an important one within the senior management reporting team, to include:
- Double Entry - Paramount!
- Monthly management account preparation
- Review general ledger account reconciliations and follow-up
- Prepare and post consolidation adjustments
- Assist with the co-ordination and preparation of the budget for the Group
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly Board Report
- Analysis of results, identifying and providing commentary on key variances
- Preparation and analysis of client/divisional profitability
- Implement and monitor enhanced expense reporting processes
- Ad-hoc tasks and project work to support the team and relevant departments, teams or projects within the Group
To be considered for this role you will need to be a qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) or equivalent qualification, have proven relevant financial accounting experience, be able to use excel at an advanced level (IF, HLookups) and have strong communication skills. You will also be prepared to work under pressure, to strict deadlines, be proactive, delivery focussed and willing to learn and take responsibility.