3 months ago
As an Engineering Lead, the role holder is responsible to support the Design and Replication Engineering Manager.
The role holder is responsible for the direction and leadership of all activities associated with the full programme of works assigned to them and for ensuring that the scope and deliverables are fully aligned with the Project Objectives.
The role holder also has the responsibility of ensuring that delivery of all (or part of) the project development activities for the life cycle of the contract(s) or work package(s) is in accordance with the overall Project schedule. The role holder will need to ensure that planning and delivery is in accordance with all safety, quality, time and cost parameters to meet the needs of the Project.
Frameworks & Boundaries
The Geotechnical Engineer is dedicated to the Replication / configuration management team. The role holder will support the Design and Replication Engineering Manager.
Travel may be required to attend meetings etc. as relevant to the job role.
The following duties are key to the role but may change duties as the project develops.
1. Establish the strategy for replication of HPC.
2. Deliver the technical documentation to maximise the scope of replication of the detailed designed implemented at HPC (fleet approach).
3. Implement the opportunities to drive the cost down. The individual is in charge to seek, propose and challenge continuously all the opportunities which have an impact on their programme.
4. Liaise and co-ordinate with the wider Project team (including the engineering entities in France).
5. Maintain a strong relationship with regulatory bodies and other internal and external stakeholders.
6. Ensure consistency of engineering solutions with other programmes, working to maintain a collaborative approach between engineering, Contractors and Designers.
7. Support the Engineering Managers for all technical decisions.
1. Definition of the content of the Reference configuration 0 (baseline configuration).
2. Preliminary List of modifications after RC0.
3. Replication Project Manual preliminary draft (30 September 2018) to share with the main contractors.
4. Replication Project manual to support the Project Executive Plan.
5. Implementation plan of RC1.
Extensive experience in the design and management of major infrastructure projects especially on nuclear power plants.
Experienced in Engineering process and organisation.
Broad Design Delivery experience in power stations (especially in the Nuclear Island).
Demonstrable ability to facilitate collaboration between Contractors and Designers.
Solid experience in configuration management, engineering design and construction processes.
Decision making capability for resolution of safety case issues.
Knowledge of risks in terms of the CDM regulations.
Enhanced organisational skills.
Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
General professional qualities as accuracy, tenacity, result-oriented and teamwork-oriented attitude, diplomacy.
Excellent communication/interpersonal skills notably with various levels of the organisation and externally.
Discretion - Confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information.
Understands the needs of quality and how quality is assured and controlled.
Security cleared to at least a basic level (BPSS).