Up to £33 per hour
16 days ago
Date Created: 04/12/2019
Role Title: Repair Design Engineer
(Friday / Saturday / Sunday) 12 hours each day
Centre/Function: Wing / Design
Project: Wing Structure Repairs
As part of the Wing Structures Engineering Repair team you will be a Repair Design Engineer supporting all the Airbus in-service fleet. This is an exciting and challenging role that requires an understanding of the aircraft repair/engineering process, particularly AP2433, M20037 and M21031
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
* Robust engineering background (preferably aeronautical based).
* Proven knowledge of aircraft structures (composite and / or metallic).
* Ability to read and interrogate engineering drawings and associated Airbus documentation (SRM, AMM, IPC).
* Excellent communication skills.
* Manage technical queries involving the analysis of AOG and work stoppage situations to identify the most practical, feasible and time saving solution whilst resisting high commercial pressures.
As a member of the engineering queries team, in conjunction with the management team, you will ensure Airbus strategy, policy and direction are maintained, you will also ensure the following:
* All internally interfacing departments are supported through the creation and provision of optimised solutions.
* All activities are completed within agreed time scales and customer requirements are satisfied in terms of time, quality, practicality and cost.
* Optimised practical design/engineering solutions meet airline customer requirements for efficiency and ease of embodiment.
* Designing repairs for composite or metallic damage through to repair of major structural components.
* Interrogating Airbus published documentation relating to release of the aircraft to service.
Typically the work will involve liaison with Fatigue & Damage Tolerance, Static Stress, Aerodynamics and Loads, may also include appropriate Airbus departments in Toulouse, Filton, Broughton, Wichita and Bangalore.
In addition all team members are expected to support initiatives for change management to improve team efficiency with particular emphasis on methods and process.
* High quality, integrated repair/engineering solutions are provided for airline operators/ MRO's on time, cost and quality requirements and enable aircraft return to service with minimum grounding time.
* Create, compile and co-ordinate engineering documentation to achieve valid technical data.
* All tasks and activities required for allocated tasks are correctly planned, resourced, monitored and executed to achieve required quality standards & meet customer time-scales.
* Create and maintain open lines of communication to ensure that all actors within the repair/engineering activity are kept informed of any issues that may impact the delivery of the solution.
* Provide support to the Repair team in operating effectively with the appropriate use of project management control and measures to achieve these objectives.
* All customers are effectively informed of and are satisfied with Repairs engineering performance.
* Implement incoming task requirements so that Repair engineering activities meet with Customer Services programmes and ensure outgoing tasking documents are consistent with Airbus and departmental requirements.
* With excellent customer skills, provide responses for all repair/engineering queries, giving advice and guidance as required within Airbus UK.
* Interrogation of design/maintenance documentation, a minimum requirement with the ability to interrogate engineering drawings and associated published Airbus manuals (SRM, AMM, IPC, AFM).
* Ability to liaise/negotiate with Design/Production, NatCos, Customer Services, DOA, Risk sharing partners and Suppliers.
* Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation and across all departments, set objectives and prioritise time, cost and quality.
* Good understanding of project management and resource planning.
* PC skills and a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
* Be conversant with the technical requirements for designing repairs.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* The ability to translate customer requirements into operational deliverables and prioritise.
* Working knowledge of Airbus structures.
* Working knowledge of Airbus design tools and processes.
* Demonstrated problem solving ability.
* Create, compile and co-ordinate engineering documentation to achieve valid technical data for repairs.