Up to £28.00 per hour
3 months ago
Role Title: Repair Design Engineer (P/AP)
Business Unit: Airbus UK
Centre: ESEWM Wing Major Repairs
An exciting opportunity has arisen in ESEWM2 as a Repair Design Engineer in Filton.
Within the role the Engineer will develop through the whole repair design process to become conversant in all aspects of the repair and predefined repair solution processes. In conjunction with the other members of the mutli-disciplinary Repair Team, the Engineer is to ensure the customer services and the programme teams are supported ensuring all repair activities are completed within time scales to meet customer requirements.
The work will involve liaison with Stress and Fatigue & Damage Tolerance, risk sharing partners, contractors, and appropriate Airbus departments in Toulouse and Filton, to come up with optimum solutions for the airline customer and to produce a repair solution that meets customer expectations. The engineer will be expected to liaise with the programme teams and the Principles of functions and other repair teams to ensure that the repairs are to the required standard, quality and cost.
Tasks and Accountabilities:
The main responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
* High quality, innovative, integrated engineering repair solutions delivered in line with the team's objectives.
* Create, compile and co-ordinate engineering documentation to achieve valid technical data for repairs.
* Correct interpretation of Statement of Works so that engineering activities meet with customer services/programmes requirements.
* With good customer skills, provide responses for routine repairs queries, giving advice and guidance as required within Airbus Operations Ltd and SEO/SEE/TASSS on repair matters.
* In conjunction with the Repair Stress and F&DT Engineers, be a member of an integrated engineering team, ensuring its strategy, policy and direction are maintained.
* Dealing with major programme issues liaising with the senior management in the Chief Engineers Office, Wing Authorities, Design Office etc… across all programmes
* Manage a personal work log book which will provide evidence for developing towards achieving or extending a delegated technical signature.
The main skills will include but will not be limited to:
* Design engineering experience
* Knowledge of CAD tools (CATIA)
* Knowledge of drawing requirements
* Ability to liaise/negotiate with Risk Sharing Partners and other Airbus departments such as CPD, Production, and Customer Services.
* PC skills and a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
* Knowledge of technical requirements for designing repairs is an advantage
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* The ability to translate customer requirements into operational deliverables and prioritise.
* Design engineering background.
* Demonstrated problem solving ability
* Working knowledge of all Airbus structures