£33000 - £36000 per annum
5 months ago
Morson International are proud to be partnering a leading Engineering firm who specialise in the delivery and maintenance of essential Water, Gas, Electricity and Telecommunications supplies to millions of customers across the UK.
With expertise and experience across their key chosen industries, they specialise in mains design, build and commissioning, new mains and mains rehabilitation, leakage detection, network repair and maintenance, ducting and civils and overhead lines etc.
With client relationships stretching back to the beginning of the company, they have built a strong reputation within the water industry providing proactive and reactive services across clean and waste water networks water companies across the UK.
As a result of their success, they are now seeking an experienced Repair and Maintenance Supervisor on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the regional Senior Supervisors, the Repair and Maintenance Supervisor will manage directly employed and subcontract operatives deployed on the contract. Supervisors will be directly responsible for R&M delivery resources within pre-defined DMA areas, using a combination of machine excavation and trailer teams.
The area-focused supervisory team will assist the Senior Supervisors in delivering allocated tasks safely in accordance with legislation and procedures to contract specification and programme.
Alongside this, the R&M supervisors will have dedicated planning and scheduling resource. A key part of the role will be to work alongside their dedicated planners and schedulers to maintain work bank performance in their areas. Providing operational input to progress aged and challenging works
- Ensure staffing levels of operatives meet the needs of the business, checking peaks and troughs in workload, standby cover for out of hours work, holidays and absence levels.
- Monitor resource levels - managing leave and reporting of absences. Communicate daily whereabouts and 21-day resource forecast to scheduling team to maximise productivity.
- Undertake the day to day management, co-ordination and supervision of direct and subcontract site personnel.
- Produce and implement site specific risk assessments and method statements where required.
- Promote safe working practices, ensuring full implementation and compliance with safety policy.
- Identify and communicate to Stores, the requirements for ordering any site plant, including security and timely off-hire as instructed.
- Ensure vehicles are kept in good condition and equipment stocks are maintained.
- To ensure that all plant and equipment are calibrated and 'in date'; Plant checks.
- Ensure all planned Compliance Audits and Inspections are completed and recorded.
- To ensure mandatory training and competency certification for all site staff is valid.
- Interface with customers ensuring the reputation of the business and client are maintained.
- Represent my client at meetings, maintaining a professional attitude at all times
- Deliver on-site training in the form of tool box talks, daily site briefings to ensure all site staff are aware of their responsibilities, procedures to be followed and specific hazards.
- To undertake the day to day management, co-ordination and supervision of direct and subcontract site personnel.
For more information, please apply now.