Ian C Hull BA (Hons) Dip RP
20 days ago
It’s an exciting time to join Tata Chemicals Europe…….
Who are we?
Tata Chemicals Europe (TCE) in the UK’s sole producer of sodium carbonate and sodium bicarbonate, as well as the market leading producer of salt. We are also one of Europe’s leading producers of these and other related producers.
Our parent company Tata Chemical Limited is part of the global Tata group, which represents the largest private employer in the UK, and employs more than 600,000 worldwide.
In 2010, TCE acquired British Salt, the UK’s leading manufacturer of pure dried vacuum salt products. From our plant in Middlewich, Cheshire we manufacture a broad range of salt products to suit the needs of a wide range of applications.
There are exciting times ahead for us as we embark on major investment across all our manufacturing sites in Cheshire to growth the business and deliver reliable high quality products into increasingly diverse markets.
To help deliver this exciting vision we are currently seeking an enthusiastic engineer to join the company where with the right core skills and attitude will have the opportunity to make an impact, gain some great industry experience and take on real responsibility from day one.
What will you be doing?
Based at our Middlewich site, the Reliability Project Engineer will be responsible for monitoring and improving the reliability of all assets across the Middlewich and Northwich Salt & Sodium Bicarbonate plants.
Reporting to the Salt & Sodium Bicarbonate Asset Manager and working along-side the Manufacturing teams, you will develop and deliver plans to reduce and eliminate production losses caused by equipment reliability issues as well as monitoring and maintaining maintenance KPIs and leading investigations into the root cause of failures.
You will manage key improvement and capital projects through the entire project life cycle and be responsible for delivery of improved uptime through these initiatives.
You will be responsible for the coordination of Lean Six Sigma activities for the Salt & Sodium Bicarbonate business, working with Green and Black Belts on key continuous improvement projects.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- You will be Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical and either Chartered or working towards chartered status.
- You will have had a minimum of 3 years relevant plant and or other relevant experience and some practical involvement in reliability across the Chemical Industry, FMCG or other similar industry.
- You will have strong Project Management skills, Contractor management experience, Knowledge of relevant reliability methods (RCA, RCFA, FMECA, LSS) and a good knowledge of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of Lean Six Sigma activities for the Salt & Sodium Bicarbonate business, working with Black and Green Belts on key continuous improvement projects.
- Most importantly we are looking for people with potential, energy, enthusiasm and drive to work alongside a dynamic team in taking the business forward.
What can you expect in return?
Our people have always been at the center of the company’s success and in return for their hard work and commitment, we offer a generous benefits package including: 37 days holidays per year, inclusive of Bank Holidays, an additional paid day off each year to volunteer for a good cause in the local community, an excellent contributory Pension scheme, Life insurance, Healthcare and a range of other optional benefit schemes all within a flexible work environment.
Find us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/3793897/ and www.tatachemicalseurope.com or visit our careers portal https://www.morson.com/tatachemicals-europe-careers to learn more about us.
For more information and the full job description, please contact Ian Hull.
Project Engineer / Reliability / Plant Engineer / Area Engineer / Continuous Improvement / Mechanical Engineer / FMECA/LSS/RCA/RCFA / Contractor Management / Project Management / Chemical Industry / FMCG / Asset Management / Lean Six Sigma