11 days ago
We are seeking a Reliability Engineer for a 6 month contract in Stevenage for a leading defence company.
The reliability activities will be focused on complex electronic systems and preparation of reliability evidence (particularly predictions and FMECAs) for sub-systems.
Generation of Reliability Programme Plans that satisfy the requirements of the Def Stan 00-40 series of standards and supporting the project in obtaining the agreement of these programmes with the customer. With support from the systems teams, and in accordance with the agreed Reliability Programme Plan, provide assurance that the reliability requirements have been achieved.~
This will typically involve the preparation of Reliability Case Reports, drawing on evidence of the sort described below. Conduct system and sub-system reliability activities in support of the agreed Reliability Programme Plan and the needs of the Reliability Case, during all lifecycle phases including, but not limited to:
- Derivation of appropriate reliability requirements.
- Preparation of reliability and maintainability predictions.
- Production of FMECAs (to a depth of analysis suitably tailored to meet specific project needs).
- Creation and management of critical items lists.
- Reliability test planning and support, including analysis of the results, and the exploitation of test evidence from non-reliability sources.
- Provision of support to internal and external project Reliability Panels and Committees.
- With the reliability focal points, assist in the management and integration of these activities with system engineering and design programs to ensure the achievement of reliable products and the timely delivery of material supporting the Reliability Case.
- Most of the reliability activities will be focussed on complex electronic systems.