£43000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + double pension cont
4 days ago
Our client are a major operator within power generation and can offer a stable and progressive career path for the right candidate. They are looking for a Regulatory Compliance Manager, with experience from a highly regulated industry (any experience within the power/electricity sector would be an advantage). They offer an attractive package, including an industry leading pension contribution scheme. Candidates with sound contracts management experience, but with scope for development will be considered alongside more experienced CVs.
Purpose of the role
To develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, in respect of identified regulatory standards such as industry codes and agreements and identify and proactively take forward changes to benefit customers.
Take an active lead role in consideration for others changes, development and implementation of changes of any major change programmes.
* Provide input into the development and maintenance of effective policies associated with obligations under a range of industry codes and industry agreements
* Take the lead on the contract management of codes/agreements assigned to you, becoming the company expert and support other team members on their codes/agreements as required.
* Support influencing of industry changes affecting the business from parties such as Ofgem, code administrators, other parties, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS). Including identification of risks
* Get close to our customers and stakeholders and deal with issues, lead change proposals/recommend the organisation's response to change proposals from others including, consultation responses and voting position
* Provide expert knowledge, advice and direction on how industry rules, including any changes.
* Manage code compliance audits by code managers /independent auditors ensuring auditor understands the approach with people, processes and systems.
* Ensure compliance with our regulatory and industry codes and agreements obligations by maintaining accountability schedules
* Lead change administration ensuring that change is identified and responded to in a timely manner and impact assessment is undertaken
* be the main point of contact and authorised signatory where required
* Ensure that the governance process associated with delivering change is implemented when change occurs
* Maintain change control and stakeholder engagement logs
* Manage budgets associated with industry codes and agreements, includes forecasting annual budgets/ reconciliation
* Provide support to meet wider business requirements in related areas such as regulatory change of our price control licence and government policy developments in areas impacting codes (e.g. smart meters).
* Undertake tasks to support cross team co-ordination as required (e.g. team meeting chairing)
Dimensions of the role e.g. Direct Budget, Number of Direct Reports, Capex Influence, Opex Influence):
* No direct reports
* Leads through matrix management cross business teams managing and developing industry change
* As required leads and participates in matrix teams with other DNO's and with ENA doing task and finish projects and also ongoing industry change co-ordination
* Proposes and manages budget lines of upto £3m p.a. for code and code related costs
* Materially influences our Opex and Capex costs by £m p.a. though management of industry change
Key measures and targets (Performance Indicators)
* Deliver consumer benefits through managing changes to codes.
* Respond to internal reviews, consultation documents and work associated with industry working groups and Ofgem/BEIS in line with the timescales indicated
* Organise external meetings with electricity suppliers and distributors who have contractual agreements
* Organise internal meetings with stakeholders where issues arise or internal processes need to be improved to meet our contractual obligations
* Plan audit reviews (both internal and with auditors/code managers) and agree improvement plans if those become necessary
* Deliver company responses and submissions under codes and agreements in line with agreed timelines.
Key relationships (Internal & External)
* Will work closely with each business area in order to ensure that systems and business processes meet our obligations and policies and are adhered to.
* Will have a working relationship with our stakeholders such as DNOs, suppliers, code administrators, trade associations, Ofgem and BEIS in resolving issues and evolving regulatory framework through various industry groups
Knowledge and skills (e.g. Specific industry or technical / professional / educational qualifications, key competencies, skills, behaviours or experience needed to satisfy full requirements of the role)
* A degree level qualification in a relevant discipline or qualified by experience.
* An understanding of the legal and regulatory framework affecting the electricity market
* An understanding of electricity business processes and procedures, inc' industry codes and agreements
* An understanding and experience of the business processes and IT systems.
* Ability to propose, challenge, influence and embed change.
Interested? Please send your CV or call 07890 609 653 for a chat.