Up to £400.00 per day
4 days ago
The Zephyr is a new, world record holding state-of-the-art solar powered ultralight weight CFRP Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) for use in both commercial and military applications.
The Zephyr team includes an integrated Product Assurance system which supports the internal organisations which deliver against regulatory requirements. The Regulatory Compliance Manager is responsible for monitoring compliance, maintaining regulatory requirements as changes are published by the regulators and identifying any changes necessary within the business to sustain product/service compliance.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
* Ensure the Zephyr internal organisations operate in accordance with regulatory requirements, resulting in the equipment and services supplied by the business complying with applicable European and National legislation in respect of regulatory requirements.
* Interface with external bodies where necessary to understand new regulatory standards, regulations, internal policies, etc.
* Define and implement a regulatory compliance strategy for the Zephyr team.
* Preparation of the certification programme and co-ordination of all tasks related to the Design Investigation process.
* Providing verification to the Head of the DO that all activities required have been properly completed.
* Establishing and maintaining the compliance check list to provide evidence underpinning the Compliance Statement.
* Actively engage management and staff across the Zephyr team.
* Ensuring awareness is effectively communicated within the Zephyr business, especially with key stakeholder in the Zephyr organisations.
* Deliver SMART reports and presentations to the Zephyr management team, demonstrating a link between assurance activity and the overall business performance.
* Coordinate internal improvement activities relating to regulatory compliance, acting as a 'Change Agent' to coach and steer improvements within the programme.
* Proactively share best practices and lessons to increase efficiency and remove waste from current related processes.
* Conducting and/or coordinating training at all levels.
* Carry out internal/external regulatory compliance audits.
* Primary interface for Zephyr Regulatory Compliance.
* Direct interface with Design (DAOS), Production, Maintenance (MAOS) and Flying organisations (CFAOS).
* Liaison/negotiation with external bodies.
* Review, issue and release of Zephyr regulatory compliance documentation.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
* Solid and related experience with demonstrable ability to achieve results.
* Strong understanding and proven delivery with UK MAA Regulatory Publications (MRP).
* Familiar with civil regulations and have a strong knowledge and understanding of RA5000 Series Compliance Check List and EASA Parts 21, M, G & J.
* Experience in conducting or coordinating Regulatory Compliance audits.
* Understanding of UAS market.
* Communicate openly & honestly at all levels of the business.
* Pragmatic approach to ensure scalable application of key requirements to the whole Zephyr business.
* Proven delivery as a change agent with credibility and demonstrated ability to positively influence.
* Experienced working in a multi-function team and coordinating between multiple business areas.
* Presentation, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
* Able to commit to UK and European travel.