Manchester, Greater Manchester
£60000.00 - £80000.00 per annum
5 months ago
Regional Sales Director - (Europe, ROW, excluding China/USA)
UK based (ideally North West Area) European travel - 50% travel
The Regional Director will be ultimately responsible for maintaining one's own pipeline and meeting an annual new business target quota. This position will involve face to face interaction with potential clients on a regular basis to both build a network of business and ultimately drive revenue.
Skills & Experience:
You are a collaborative new business producer who enjoys a high level of self-autonomy and driving personal results. You can identify opportunities others can't and seize them across long sales cycles. You have a technical mind and can sell complex solutions to meet current and future unmet needs. You are happy negotiating at all levels, be that with senior stakeholders or internal supporting teams. You are resilient and self-driven but understand the need to actively listen and identify the underlying wins in a new business sales opportunity. You will use your tenacity to find a win-win solution that means that you, the customer and the business win.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Identify new business sales opportunities in the European Marketplace
* Meet and exceed new business quota
* Build a long-term sales pipeline in your region with a wide people network that means you are credible and recognised brand ambassador in the sector
* Negotiate single source opportunities in the market
* Accountable for sales revenues
* understand business and personal drivers of senior external stakeholders, and help position this in win themes.
* Builds deep and trusted advisory relationships that will generate repeat business, and long-lasting relationships
* Able to influence buying strategies, and procurement to ensure a non-competitive approach is selected by the customer
* Consistent, effective prospecting to develop and close sales pipeline
* Engage in industry groups and markets within the territory
Essential background skills and experience:
* Significant sales experience with a record of exceeding sales goals and quotas.
* Significant experience of selling complex software solutions in the European market place with strong negotiation skills
* Aviation industry background
* Experience operating in a complex software solution environment in a competitive environment, able to sell complex solutions not just products
* Identify and lead new business sales opportunities
* Extensive experience of generating new business leads, and converting opportunities to commercially sound revenue
* Significant experience of engaging senior stakeholders, and influencing buying strategies
* Experience of creating compelling tenders
* Highly flexible to travel across Europe, whilst being based near the UK Head office to work with internal team (based in Manchester UK)