North West England, England
4 months ago
Job Title: Regional HSE Manager (6 Month FTC)
Location: Flexible - Ideally M1 & M6 Corridor
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience + Strong benefits
The regional HSE manager is a key leader to drive the Zero incident and Zero waste culture within the region, including assurance that operational HSEQ delivery is in accordance with the industry's and business global health, safety & environment management systems and standards.
The regional HSE manager acts as a regional business partner (North, Central, South, Ireland) and provides support and guidance to the General Manager of the region in all aspects of Safety, Health, Environment and quality. Also, supports and provides guidance to the region to achieve the HSEQ objectives, to develop the desired HSEQ culture and to continuously improve our HSEQ performance towards Zero incidents and Zero waste.
Key responsibilities for the Regional HSE Manager
- Change agent, coach and advisor for the local management team.
- Drive continuous improvement in the areas of HSEQ
- Lead by example and continuously manage and coordinate HSEQ improvement and compliance within the region by leading the cultural change to a Zero Incident and Zero Waste mind-set.
- Build a sustainable HSEQ commitment, awareness, knowledge, behaviours and engagement of the regional management and employees.
- Ensure the highest levels of qualification, skills and key competencies (audits, investigation, risk analysis, reporting, communication, training, coaching and prevention) are provided for the HSEQ management team within the region and identify improvement areas to accelerate the implementation of the Zero incident and Zero waste mind-set.
- Plan, prepare and conduct internal safety audits in operational organisations and initiate / monitor corrective actions based on audit findings and occurrence investigations
- Initiate and/or carry out investigations on occurrences if applicable
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of an operational risk register and the legal surveillance per country.
The successful individual will have;
- A relevant recognised health and safety qualification (NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent required)
- Chartered Member of IOSH / Chartered Institute of Environmental Health or equivalent preferred
- Successful experience in implementing ISO/OHSAS management system. Certified auditor, desirable.
- Knowledge of region / country specific laws and industry regulations related to safety, health and environment.
- Proven track record in the implementation of HSEQ systems and behavioural based safety programs.
- Operational and general compliance orientation.
- Experience in risk assessments, accident/incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Willingness to travel extensively within and without the geographic region (about 50-60%).
- Strong strategic skills and commercial acumen combined with the ability to motivate teams to deliver high quality standards
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, professional, internal and external work relationships with all stakeholders and interest groups
- Strong oral and written communications and ability to communicate and motivate at all levels
- A sense of urgency and a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Personal and professional integrity of the highest order
- Commitment to continued professional development
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long-term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please send your CV for more details. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 14 days of your application you have not been successful on this occasion.