North East England, England
£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
Job Title: Regional General Manager
Location: North East England
Salary: Competitive Package
Currently working with a global player within their market, having operations across the UK, Europe, America and Asia, who due to continued growth, are looking to recruit a Regional General Manager on a permanent basis. The business have established themselves as leading organisation with hazardous goods/liquid distribution market and continue to grow through acquisition.
The role will be solely accountable for the operational aspects of the business and KAM for the region. As a result, the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to motivate a team to ensure Service Level Agreements are met. Also paramount in this position is the ability to deliver the highest level of quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Managing all operations within the chosen region and working in a collaborative manner to ensure good network operations are achieved (the two are not exclusive)
- Responsible for Health and Safety and compliance.
- KAM Responsibilities - ensuring that the customers KPIs are achieved and exceeded, with robust KAM plans in place to continuously improve and develop value
- Business development & Contract renewals supporting and working with Commercial team
- Financial performance - budget & reforecast, periodic reporting
- Training, motivating and developing all members of team.
- Compliance with Health and Safety and safe systems of work in line with road transport legislation, internal standards and customer requirements.
- Making decisions impacting on costs and service to generate value
- Ensuring operational compliance of the Quality systems, industry standards and legal requirements.
- Optimising the cost-effectiveness, productivity and customer service impact of operations
- People engagement at all levels using P4P process, CMM and objective setting to achieve clear goals that drive results not promises.
- Creating a one company approach post acquisition.
- Employee relations - managing all discipline, grievance and performance interventions within company policy. Lead on IR issues by creating good relationships with local and regional TU reps
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Commercial Focus - creates value and encourages others to engage in activities that drive service AND value
- Integrity - open, honest and fair. Treats all levels with respect and dignity. Demands high standards from others and give open feedback to ensure others develop
- Personal responsibility - delivers, is rigorous, take responsibility and coaches others to act, is accountable for region and put in place actions to ensure its success
- Performance - puts in place activities that allows the exceeding of targets. Demonstrates pace and energy. Focus on KPA that drive value and does not get bogged down in details or irrelevant issues
- Teamwork - leader of teams and others, supportive and loyal but creates high performance teams and activities that are intolerant of poor performance and put in place actions/activities/behaviours to add value and improvements
- Degree educated or similar via experience
- CPD in Supply Chain, Continuous Improvement
- 10+ years operation experience in supply chain including 3PL with transport bias
- Exposure to managing a chemical distribution/ hazardous good operations would be of significant advantage
- International CPC
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details.