Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £0.00 per annum
8 days ago
My client is a leading main Contractor who are currently looking for a Regional Facade Manager to manage the construction of facades on projects mainly within the High Rise sector.
The key objectives of the Regional Facade Manager are:
* Ensure all facade related packages are capable of delivering the required performance.
* Ensure all facade related packages are delivered on time
* Ensure all facade related packages are delivered in compliance with the specification, design intent and the quality standards required under the contract.
* Provide technical support to the on-site package managers to assist with achieving this, including liaison with and access to the SRM Core Knowledge Group.
* Advise on the resolution of all non-compliant facade items
* Attend National Facade Group meetings on behalf of M&NW Region.
* Arrange and manage Regional Facade Group meetings
* Advise on requirements for specialist 'facade' package managers across the region.
* Participate in the recruitment process for façade package managers - identify potential suitable candidates, attend interviews and recommend individuals for appointment.
* Research technical developments within the envelope industry - visit and meet with manufacturers and suppliers.
* Maintain regional information on suitable facade sub-contractors
* Provide a central focus for lessons learnt information within the Region and from across the company.
* Provide technical advice on construction details, drawing review and material selection, particularly with regard to suitability, durability and compliance with specification. (including glass selection, nickel sulphide, finishes etc)
* Provide commentary including advice on appropriate requirements for performance testing / mock ups / samples / testing of materials for suitability and durability.
* Identify risks and opportunities for the proposed envelope system - alternative products / systems, design life, suitability, performance, risk of failure.
* Advise on the involvement of specialist facade consultants - are they already involved / novated / do we need to appoint / scope of services / cost allowance. Where appropriate suggest suitable consultants.
* Consider and advise any other specialist involvement - coatings consultant / wind modelling / access specialist.
* Advise on methods of installation and suitability of programme allowances
* Consider and advise appropriate method and approach to the procurement of envelope packages (lead in periods, early order requirements, combined / split packages.
* Review tender stage submissions from envelope sub-contractors and advise on completeness and suitability.
* Advise requirements for technical package management staff for envelope works.
* Review technical information prepared for tender enquiries for facade packages and advise amendments required. This is to include an assessment of the suitability of the design team information for content and completeness as well as the prepared scope of works and logistics requirements.
* Review project team proposals for the definition of interface responsibilities.
* Where appropriate, attend design team meetings to establish and agree the production of further information for tender purposes. Review and comment on the division of design responsibilities between design consultants and sub-contractors.
* Advise and assist with the identification of appropriate facade tenderers.
* For 'significant' facade packages review and comment on tender returns and advise suitability of companies for interview
* For 'significant' facade packages attend the technical portion of post tender interviews and ensure technical agreements are correctly recorded for inclusion in the sub-contract order.
* Review sub-contractor programme information in respect of design, manufacture and installation periods.
* Where appropriate and where requested by the project team, attend sub-contractor design meetings and provide advice and assistance on technical aspects of the proposals. In particular advise on technical performance of the proposed design and on installation considerations.
* Ensure that comprehensive records are being maintained for all
* When requested review and provide advice on the detailed design drawings provided by the facade sub-contractor(s)
* Monitor the envelope defects for all projects and maintain information for 'lessons learnt'.
* Provide advice and assistance in respect of defective items and make recommendations on proposals for rectification.
This is a Regional Role covering the North and Midlands so candidates should be happy to travel to different projects in the region.