Regional Account Manager - Midlands
Morson Talent are currently working with a leading organisation in the Oil & Gas industry who are recruiting multiple Account Manager roles to cover a variety of regions across the UK & Ireland. The purpose of the role will be to develop, grow and maintain a range of prospective and existing accounts within a portfolio as well as developing new markets. The focus will be on winning new business across your region. Candidates should be proactive in the market and willing to drive new business through face-to-face meetings. The successful candidate will be expected to regularly travel for work and attend the North West office
Account and Customer Management
- Account management of a specified portfolio of customers to deliver the sales plan on margin and volume, ensuring adherence to contractual agreements including payment terms and credit limits.
- The candidate must be able to develop and maintain long term relationships with customers at senior level right up to boardroom, while co-ordinating the activities of our internal and external service providers to achieve our overall sales targets.
- Provide continuous margin improvement using analysis of business MI and via close co-operation with the wider business teams.
- Provide technical and commercial understanding of the product and supply chain to create added value to the customer.
- Be responsible and proactive in HSSE issues affecting customers, staff and business partners.
- Actively seek opportunities to increase the value of new and existing customers through the development of a deep understanding of the customer’s business needs.
- Work with the wider teams across marketing, trading and the refinery to provide efficient cost-effective services to the customer that generate additional margin via new offerings or by reducing the cost to serve.
New Business Identification and Closure
- Identify and convert new credit worthy business opportunities that enhance the overall portfolio.
- Negotiate and agree contracts with target customers within the parameters laid down within the manual of authorities.
- Ensuring deal compliance on customer contracts to guarantee achievement of agreed targets.
- Develop an in depth knowledge of the key competitors, including their strengths and weaknesses, to enable any opportunities to be exploited.
Reports and Analytics
- Utilise insightful business analysis enabling better decision-making, tender costing, volume tracking, and customer profitability analysis for the portfolio.
- Utilise margin and volume data to make sound business decisions and optimise sell out pricing across the Commercial business by reacting to real time market, customer and competitor information.
Skills & Experience
- Degree standard education or workplace based training equivalent.
- Proven demonstrated experience at very high level of sales competence in a front line role
- Proven ability at project management of multiple projects, including retaining business, tenders opportunities and operationalising new customers
- Good understanding of operational supply chains.
- Solid track record in Key Account Management, co-ordinating service providers to fulfill customer requirements while controlling cost to serve.
- Specific sales experience within the commercial fuels sector and an in depth understanding of competitor offerings.
- Capable of high level negotiation with senior business partners to achieve win/win scenarios.
Skills and Attributes
- Suitable candidates possessing a high level of competence in part of the role requirements will be considered at Account/ Regional Manager level.
- Excellent IT abilities wiin the full Microsoft package, with particular focus on Excel
- Clear and confident communicator
- Highly resilient and flexible in approach
- Result driven
- A full UK Driving Licence is essential for this role