£300.00 - £350.00 per day
4 months ago
My client, a leading Infrastructure business based in Warrington currently have an opportunity for a R2R Team Leader to join their Shared Service function.
Currently recruiting for a confident RTR Team leader to manage a team of three in the SSC based at Golborne, Warrington. The SSC provides the platform for cost savings and on-going performance improvement for the UK & Ireland.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who enjoys working in a fast paced environment with no two days the same. You will be passionate about mentoring and a leading the team, suggesting process improvements, reviewing work and being a driver of change. To be successful in this role you must have a "hands on" forward thinking approach, in return you will be offered full autonomy from the outset and be encouraged to implement new processes and procedures.
- Managing the performance of accounting activities relating to the maintenance of complete and accurate general ledger and management accounts for defined areas of the Group
- Ensuring information is processed within the RTR area in line with Group Timetable and SSC SLAs to ensure a timely month end reporting cycle and the production of complete and accurate management accounts
- Dealing with items of a more complex and sensitive nature and providing sign-off or approval where required for journals and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Providing support for the production of statutory and fiscal external reporting
- Delivering timely and accurate information to Group Finance, Head of Tax and local Irish Finance team for external and internal reporting.
- Recruits, manages and develops the RTR sub-team, as well as reviews their work to ensure that SSC quality and customer service standards are met
- Ensures that accounting ledgers, management accounts, journals and associated supporting documents, schedules, and reports, and analyses are accurately prepared and maintained
- Performs complex reconciliations for the balance sheet and profit and loss account as per the Group's agreed reconciliation processes and reviews the balance sheets reconciliations produced by the team
- Manages the allocation of tasks for the month end process
- Raises Inter-company charges/invoices as required
- Prepares regular and ad-hoc allocation of costs to business units, functions or group companies
- Provides routine and special requests for reports or analysis for internal groups, external auditors, end of project/completion audits by customers, affiliated companies and regulatory agencies
- Applies appropriate financial control and governance by adhering to the group accounting manual, policies and control framework, to support successful external audit outcomes.
- Supports the group audit and compliance programme.
- Develops and sustains good working relationships with key stakeholders and colleagues.
- Provides analysis, data and explanations as requested for the statutory and regulatory financial reporting.
- Collects data for regular and special projects
- Uses MSD 365 to support the RTR function
- Seeks ways to improve efficiency, effectiveness and processes in the RTR area
- Ensures compliance with accounting principles and standards and the SSC's SLAs
- Recognises and communicates potential issues/risks
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified or equivalent - minimum of 5 years PQE (Desired)
- Must have strong academic record and experience of working in Finance in a commercial business
- Knowledge of IFRS15 and FRS102
- Must have at least 5 years of strong RTR experience, preferably in a Shared Services environment
- Proven experience of successfully managing a small team of qualified and part-qualified accountants
- Extensive knowledge of General Ledger processes
- Experience of using Power BI and data warehouses
The role requires someone to start ASAP on a contract basis however, they will consider someone looking to move into a permanent role.