Up to £10.54 per hour + Inclusive of holiday pay
12 days ago
2 Months Plus
Our Client one of the UK's largest charities, who maintain 2,000 miles of historic canals, rivers, docks and reservoirs, urgently requires a part time Receptionist/Destination Assistant, to join their existing team for an initial 2 month contract at their Anderton Boat Lift Booking Office in Northwich.
The successful candidates will ideally have previous experience working within an Administration function and possess excellent Customer Service and Communication skills across all levels of business.
- Meeting and greeting visitors
- Overseeing the reception area ensuring it is tidy
- First point of contact on the phones, directing calls, taking messages and answering general enquiries
- Taking bookings over the phone, via email and face to face
- Cash Handling - In person customer sales via reception
- General administrative support/tasks to various departments including volunteering and events teams
- Helping to assist with and prepare for any marketing events for the visitor centre.
- Booking travel
- Assisting the general office and Visitor Centre Manager with any admin duties
- Previous experience in a Receptionist position essential
- Good computer skills (Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Strong attention to detail
- High level or both oral and written communication skills
- Able to use initiative when working autonomously
- Proactive approach
- Polite and professional
- Tidy and professional appearance
Working hours will be based on 22.5 hours per week, on a 3-week rota, this will include some weekend work so flexibility will be required.