£38.98 - £45.00 per hour
8 months ago
6 to 12 Months
This post will be held within the Combat Systems Engineering Team, whose primary role is to support the engineering development and deployment of projects focussed on the sustainment of, and advances to, Submarine Combat Systems. Project and engineering tasks will require the post holder to be based in Keynsham, with potential to conduct business trips to the MoD Combat Systems Delivery Team in Abbey Wood and Naval Bases South and North.
The purpose of this post will be to provide Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) and Engineering experience to conduct a RCM and resultant Maintenance review, providing assurance that the maintenance task is correct and associated assets are linked appropriately for an array of Combat System owned equipment's.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Knowledge of Royal Navy submarines from a design, maintenance or operational perspective.
- Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) methodology.
- Able to us appropriate Project Management & IT tools (especially MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, and MS Visio).
- Good communication and presentation skills and a proven ability to produce technical reports of a high professional standard.
- Sufficient competence to be able to manage low-level Project Management tasks, as directed.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK AN RCM ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)