£25000.00 - £28000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Range Planner/analyst - Dorset - up to £28,000
Range planning is a complex and iterative process, needing insight from multiple data sources to be effective.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, this role will support the development of our trade national accounts through data gathering, analysis and insight, supporting profitable decision-making and growth.
The role will also assess the financial validity of short term or limited time promotional offers, to ensure positive financial outcomes.
* Through compilation and analysis of range data (EPOS, pricing, reviews, returns data, customer comments etc.), identify and propose range and product opportunities and threats
* Through compilation and analysis of competitor range data (reviews, pricing, listings, commentary etc.) identify and propose range and product opportunities and threats
* Through compilation and analysis of industry data (shows, desktop research, prices, factory intel etc) identify and propose range and product opportunities and threats
* Through a combination of all of the above, plan and propose optimum depth and width of range, with the right price architecture, right quality / value proposition and right mix of risk.
* Develop an expert knowledge of trade lighting purpose, specifications, features, benefits and costs
* On back of research and evidence, liaise with group sources and factory base to deliver new trade lighting products
* Ensure complete accuracy and alignment of product specification to Filemaker to customer portal/data sheets to customer website to SC running sheet
* Prepare convincing customer presentations, setting out evidence and need for new products in a thoughtful and inspirational way
* Close and frequent liaison with other Business Unit team members to ensure product compliance and OTIF delivery
You will need to have
* Strong data analysis skills combined with commercial acumen
* Ability to work with both low and high level data, to enable accurate judgements
* Very proficient in Excel
* Ability to present data and findings in a clear, methodical and convincing way
* Acutely aware of timelines and able to meet project deadlines
* Attentive, conscientious and able to work on own initiative
* Team player, willing and able to support and contribute to the roles of others
* Appetite for learning open to training and development and aware and comfortable with fast paced change