negotiable hourly rate
5 days ago
RAMS ENGINEER - 6 month contract, Portsmouth,
A contract Engineer is sought to support RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety) engineering activities in Portsmouth for a client that develops satellite systems.
- Provide RAMS support to the payload and equipment RAMS work package responsible engineer.
- Prepare, maintain and enhance statistical reliability and availability analyses for telecom satellite payloads and equipment
- Prepare and maintain FMEA/FMECA for satellite payload and equipment.
- Prepare and maintain safety and hazard analysis for satellite payload and equipment.
- Review and oversee that supplier's RAMS documents are received on time and in quality.
- Participate in preparation of parts stress and worst case analysis.
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- RAMS/Reliability Engineering ability on EEE equipment and subsystems
- Knowledge of design and development of advanced electronics equipment, Aerospace and Defence sector desirable
- RAMS Reliability Engineering Software package: Relex, Reliasoft, Isograph
- Standards/accreditations/methodologies (i.e. ECSS, MIL-HDBK, FIDES, IEC)
- Interpersonal skills
- Team working skills
- Communication skills
- Time and Work package Management
- Travel: Must be able to travel within UK and Europe as required by the project and work package