Greater Manchester, England
Up to £0.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
3 months ago
Morson International is recruiting for a Rail Civils Estimator reporting to the Pre-Construction Director, the Civils Estimator will be responsible for preparing accurate estimates for projects by analysing client's tender enquiries, gathering information and analysing important metrics to provide bid packages that support profitable business decisions.
* Management of Enquiries and ITTs from start to end, within agreed deadlines
* Review and assess all tender information received
* Attend any site visits / pre-tender meetings
* Prepare tender programmes / submission documents
* Liaise with operations teams to understand outputs / delivery methods
* Compile detailed job costs from first principles
* Build-up internal labour and management costs
* Engage with specialist sub-contractors / suppliers
* Ensure multiple materials / equipment / sub-contractor quotes received
* Liaising with all departments to help compile submission
* Manage Tender Queries / Clarifications
* Compile final pricing in required format
* Undertake detailed commercial review, with senior management, prior to submission
* Compile & submit all bid documents
* Organise (& attend, if appropriate) client post-tender meetings.
* Perform risk analysis.
* Input into weekly and month end commercial & financial reports.
* Assisting in the implementation of operational health & safety
* Assisting other estimating departments on multi-disciplinary projects
* Sound knowledge of civil engineering construction, with significant site experience
* Experience in the Rail Sector
* Strong numerical and data analysis skills
* Commercial awareness
* Preparation of reports
* Accurate and consistent approach
* Proven experience in the preparation of cost estimates from first principles
* Good communication skills and the ability to engage with clients at all levels