11 months ago
Rail Safety Consultant
Location: Basingstoke, Burton, Dorking, Warrington
Salary: Competitive + benefits
This role will be considered for both contract or permanent candidates.
Following continued expansion of our rail business, we are looking for Engineers and Consultants of all levels of experience to work on system safety and assurance projects in the rail sector. The vacancies will appeal to candidates who want:
- To work on a varied and challenging range of projects
- To have the career progression opportunities that come from working in a successful and expanding engineering consultancy.
- To be part of a business that has won innovation awards in 2012, 2014 and 2016 including two rail industry innovation awards. If you have safety experience related to the development of new products or systems, or their modification, in the rail sector then we would like to hear from you. Requirements
- The successful candidates should have a degree in a relevant discipline and tangible experience gained in the rail sector. As appropriate to the stage of your career, you will have experience in some of the following:
- You will provide technical and project management contribution to safety analysis and safety case development for projects. For more senior roles, you will also be involved in leading teams and developing market opportunities. You may also have the opportunity to apply your expertise in sectors other that rail. Ideally you will have previous experience of working in a consultancy environment.
- Understanding of Rail Industry Safety Management systems e.g. Common Safety Method (CSM) or the former Yellow Book
- Competent Independent Person, Notified Body and ISA approval processes
- Safety Case development for rolling stock, electrification, signalling, ERTMS or infrastructure projects. You are likely to also have experience in some of the following:
- Safety Management System development/Safety Management planning
- Safety Case development
- Hazard identification and analysis (e.g. HAZOP/SWIFT)
- Risk Assessment
- Goal Structuring Notation (GSN)
- Industry standards such as CENELEC 50126, 50128 and 50129.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in the Rail sector within a consultancy environment.