Bellshill, North Lanarkshire
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits
Vital Glasgow Construction
about 1 month ago
Are you an experienced Rail Bias Estimator with a background in rail and framework projects? Do you want to work for an award winning contractor with a solid order book of work? Do you want to work for a contractor that offer autonomy, and the chance to progress within your career? Then Vital Resources want to speak to you.
Vital Resources are looking to speak with experienced Estimators for a permanent position in the Central Belt to work for a well established Rail and Civil Engineering contractor, to play a pivotal part in the ongoing growth and development of the business.
As an Estimator your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of accurate and competitive cost estimates for a wide variety of civil engineering projects
- Reviewing and reporting on the Client's Enquiry to enable a decision to bid.
- Preparing subcontract & materials enquiries for administration & buying team
- Building up an accurate cost estimates for the permanent works in an elemental and analytical format.
- Preparing an accurate cost estimate for the indirect resources required to carry out the works in accordance with agreed programme & engineering requirements.
- Checking labour & plant resources accumulated in the cost estimate balance with those derived from the tender programme.
- Preparing & presenting the commercial aspects of the tender to the Directors/Senior Managers for adjudication and approval.
- Prepare the commercial tender for submission to the Client.
To be considered for this position applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- HNC/HND or Degree qualification in Civil Engineering (or similar)
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of using computer estimating packages.
- Experience in delivering projects as a Main Contractor
- Experience working with Rail projects is desirable
For this our client is willing to offer a very competitive salary along with a comprehensive package for the right person.
If you would like more information, or to apply, please contact Jamie Nicholson using the details below, or alternatively please click the "apply now" link.