Salford, Greater Manchester
about 1 month ago
Rail Apprenticeships, Salford
What can you gain from a Rail Apprenticeship?
Earn while you learn
- Onsite learning of various elements of the UK rail infrastructure
- The chance to be part of an ever growing industry and gaining skills that can set you up for life
- Enhance your future employment and earning potential
- Work towards a nationally recognised qualification
- Working for 30 hours per week for 12-15 months
What will it cover?
The programme will comprise of onsite learning, classroom based learning, Onsite assessments and distance learning over 12-15 months
What will I need?
- All applicants must possess a minimum of GCSE's in Maths and English Grade 3 (D) or Functional Skills level 1
- You should have good communication and be able to work well as part of a team
- Candidates should be practically minded and be able to display an interest in engineering
- A great attitude towards learning and a determination to succeed.
- Should have a desire to work outdoors in all weathers
- Should have a desire to work varied shift patterns
- Should be enthusiastic to formulate a career within the rail industry
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Have a understanding of the importance to follow policies and procedures in a safety critical environment
- Ability to drive would be an advantage (but not essential)
What qualifications will I achieve?
- Level 2 Rail Engineering (Competence)
- Level 2 Rail Engineering (Technical Knowledge)
The above qualifications make up the complete apprenticeship standard. Upon completion of the 12-15 month apprenticeship the candidate will be presented with a certificate to help give them a boost in their career within the rail industry.
How do I apply?
Applications are now open and have proved extremely popular so please get your applications in as soon as possible.
All you need to do is send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability (where appropriate please include copies of your GCSE Maths & English certificates)