£350.00 - £374.00 per day
4 months ago
The primary purpose of the role is to provide end to end surveillance systems engineering assistance to the Radar (PSR and SSR) and WAM (Wide area multilateration) (SSR) Solutions and Site teams within the Marshall Programme. We need an engineer capable of leading a team effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment and who has a strong background in the design and delivery to site of complex surveillance solutions (Primary and Secondary Radar, Cooperative and Non-Cooperative Surveillance solutions).
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading in support of all proposed "Change" from the Marshall Technical Baseline.
- Ensuring all the technical activities undertaken comply with the relevant Marshall Programme Engineering Phase and Engineering Lifecycle and processes
- Ability to input to Supply Chain Activities.
- Ability to technically monitor surveillance sub-contractors, ensuring flow through of customer technical requirements and technical compliance.
- Review & approve technical specifications for sub-system procurements.
- Participate in the sub-system supplier's technical reviews as required
- Report the technical progress to the Engineering Manager and Project Design Authority.
- Develop and maintain interface with the Authority's Surveillance Stakeholders/team in order to drive improvements into the ways of working and communicating.
- The ability to take ownership of surveillance solutions from design to customer acceptance while working with both the Radar , WAM Solutions and Sites teams.
- Proven ability in System Engineering and System Engineering Processes and Practices, including knowledge of Systems Lifecycles.
- An ability to work with combinations of technologies, to integrate and verify them in a logical and structured way into a system in order to fully satisfy a Customer's requirement.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILILITY / KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge and ability with Radar Systems Primary & Secondary.
- Knowledge of Surveillance Solution design fundamentals regarding coverage, location, installation requirements, coverage and optimisation procedures.
- Knowledge of Weapons, Ordinance, Munitions and Explosives, MOD requirements with regards to RADHAZ requirements and the associated impact on Surveillance solution design.
DESIRABLE SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Requirements capture and management (e.g. in DOORS).
- configuration & documentation production & management (e.g. in Windchill ).
- Networking (Cisco & Juniper) domain knowledge.