Manchester, Greater Manchester
£300 - £400 per day
12 months ago
MAG's Record to Report Team are currently recruiting for an Interim Senior R2R Accountant to join them on a contract basis for an initial period of 6 months.
This role is responsible for leading all Management Accounting activity for a Group Division ensuring that accurate, and technically robust, managements accounts are produced in a timely manner and in line with group finance service levels.
- Leading one of the R2R Teams of 1-5 Accountants, including staff management, 121s and personal development plans.
- Drilling down into the processes across the R2R division to support mapping and making improvements
- Managing the month end close process, ensuring that ledgers are closed to strict deadlines.
- Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of all aspects of the divisional accounts with financial accountability for other revenue, costs or Capex (numbers in facts and figures).
- Ensuring all balance sheet reconciliations are completed accurately and in a timely manner, including review and sign off.
- Responsibility for the delivery of group service levels and supporting KPIs to internal and external customers.
- Providing divisional accounts and supporting the Finance Directors and Finance Business Partners of the relevant division.
- Qualified accountant with demonstrable post qualification experience within a large, complex organisation - useful if this includes working during period of change/transformation - please detail on CV
- Leadership qualities, happy and able to coach and develop the team
- Task orientated, able to take a hands-on approach with the ability to work within a change environment across what will probably be a broader role scope that may be usual
- Extensive experience of working with ERP system, ideally SAP
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to educate, influence and interact effectively with stakeholders and colleagues including non-finance individuals.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills are essential