Manchester, Greater Manchester
£250 - £300 per day
12 months ago
MAG's Record to Report Team are seeking an interim Management Accountant to support the R2R function for an initial 6 month term.
As an R2R Accountant, you will lead all management accounting activity for your allocated busines area, ensuring that accurate and technically robust management accounts are produced in a timely manner and in line with group finance service levels. The service supports senior internal and external stakeholders including Divisional Finance Directors, Head of Group FP&A and external auditors.
- Managing the month end close process, ensuring the ledgers are all closed to strict deadlines.
- Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of all aspects of the divisional accounts.
- Ensuring all balance sheet reconciliations are completed accurately and in a timely manner, including review and sign off.).
- Providing divisional accounts and support to the Finance Directors and Finance Business Partners of the relevant Division
- A qualified accountant or equivalent
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to effectively coach and motivate your team.
- Able to actively engage stakeholders and colleagues to ensure compliance against processes and consistent execution.
- Experience of producing management accounts in a large, complex organisation
- Able to manage multiple priorities and to thrive under tight deadlines and high-pressure situations.
- Experience of working with SAP or similar ERP systems, and possess intermediate to advanced Excel skills to include pivot tables, look-ups etc.
- A strong communicator able to converse at all levels throughout the organisation.
- Offering a continuous improvement mind-set with an ability to manage change.