£500 - £550 per day + Negotiable
27 days ago
A Bid Manager is reuired The purpose of this job is to be the person in charge of specific bid-management activities to ensure the successful delivery of a bid or a number of bids.
It requires professional bid management capabilities to be applied - giving rigour to change control, commercial awareness and stakeholder management.
The role is required to bring structure, clarity and governance to the process and discipline relating to bid management activities.
It requires the successful management of the relationship with internal and external key UK and international customers.
It requires the effective management of multi-disciplinary bid teams to deliver high quality business winning proposals.
A requirement of the role is to apply strong business acumen and to maximise the Business position to secure new business.
Key performance Indicators against Responsibilities and Tasks (professional only):
Key Performance Indicators are role specific;
They are to be added to this job description when working with Resourcing to provide a final project / CBU-specific version
- Strong, professional bid management skills.
- The ability to directly successfully manage a bid team and to drive solutions to successful conclusion.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to deal with customers, partners, suppliers and other parts of the business (stakeholder management skills).
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills with written presentation, proposal and report writing skills.
- Strong, organisational, managerial and team working skills
- Analytical skills aligned with the need to carry out detailed investigation of cost variance(s) and publishing of financial information directly into Company financial reports
- Commercial, financial and business acumen.
- A positive attitude combined with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
- An ability to successfully manage change
- The ability to adapt personal style of management and communication to achieve the desired results from interactions with team members and stakeholders.
- A proven track record of delivering successful bids in contexts relevant to Thales.
- Working in a complex, multidisciplinary, multi-site organisation.
- Can demonstrate the ability to construct solutions that meet the markets need both commercially and technically
- Full business lifecycle management, including capture, qualification and developing capture plans and winning strategies
- Extensive stakeholder management
- Comprehensive understanding of generic processes and techniques used to schedule bid management activities.
- Comprehensive experience and understanding of the Bid Management process (including Change Control, Risk Management and Information Management).
- Comprehensive experience and knowledge of the bid life cycle
- Experience of working across boundaries, including knowledge of commercial management, finance functions.
- Has as a minimum a working knowledge of industry standard approaches to bid management.
- Experience effectively managing bid budgets, ensuring limited resource is deployed as effectively as possible.
- Educated to degree level in a discipline that is compatible with the requirements of Bid Management
- Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance