Working within the Central Operations Procurement Team supporting procurement activities across several CBU's. Purchasing a range of requirements on a day to day basis as generated via the ERP system.
Interfacing across CBU Procurement Teams in support of their requirements, ensuring that delivery dates are met and goods conform to quality requirements. Meeting the individual and team KPI's for On Time Delivery, Savings and Quality.
Undertake Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and performance management for the Suppliers within the Mechanical specifically Composites structures
Support the Purchasing Competency Centre Team to contribute to UK Purchasing Family/CTA Strategy, through day-to-day actions ensure the Purchasing Family/CTA Strategy is complied with.
Key tasks and accountabilities
- Working closely with the Purchasing Competency Centre Leads for Mechanical items specifically Composites structures
- Comply with relevant governance, including Delegation Of Authority, Acquisition Log process and Purchase Order approval
- Record and report savings in accordance with established guidelines
- Contribute to the Make/Team/Buy process
- Promote early involvement of Family Purchasing and suppliers in Bids, Projects and Product design
- Contribute to the capture and sharing of all site/Hub information required, such as Purchasing Family actual and forecast spend, suppliers, performance, current and future requirements.
- Participate in Family Buyer network events
- Using Category Management techniques participate in the derivation of Purchasing CTA strategies that: -
- Address internal and external customer requirements
- Take account of current/desired technical, program, cost and performance requirements
- Ensure the Purchasing Family/CTA strategies are being delivered through own day-to-day actions
- Facilitate early engagement of Purchasing Family suppliers in site/Hub bids and projects, as appropriate
- Execute all purchasing aspects of delegated Bid and Project work packages
- Ensure work packages are executed achieving favourable conditions and consistency with technical, program, cost and performance (quality and delivery) requirements
- Engage and communicate efficiently with internal customers and other functions as necessary in executing work packages
- Ensure appropriate Supplier Relationship Management and Performance Management techniques are employed with Purchasing Family suppliers
- Work with Supplier Quality Assurance to drive supplier performance improvement.
- Work with Technical teams to resolve design issues impacting on supplier performance
- Comply with export control guidelines and policies
- Maintain an ethical approach to tasks and relationships in accordance with relevant Thales policies
Experience and Skills
- A Mechanical background is desirable, as the role involves the purchase of Mechanical Composite Radomes/Assemblies.
- Ability to read and understand Technical Drawings, BoM's and other Product Defining Data.
- A good communicator with the ability to interface cross-functionally with Engineering, QA, Planning, Manufacturing.
- Communication and presentation skill essential
- Interpersonal, internal and external
- 3 years plus relevant purchasing experience preferably in a Mechanical commodity
- Contract law
- Development/manufacture sub-contract program/project management experience
- Analytical skills
- Technical and commercial Purchasing knowledge
- Experienced in using ERP systems
- Commercially astute with negotiation skills and experience
- Self Starter with well-developed organisational skills
- Gain a good knowledge in the eACQ system
- Be proficient and demonstrate skills in all systems required for the role of Buyer i.e. B1, Team Center, Insite,
Education & Qualifications
- Qualified or studying for CIP's qualification
- NVQ4 in a relevant discipline would be desirable
- High standards of numeracy and literacy
Personality / Behaviours
- An enthusiastic and reliable team player.
- Enjoys developing and performing through teamwork.
- High performing pushes to achieve results for self and team.
- Displays energy and resilience in achieving work-related goals.
- Solves problems with informed, timely and decisive decision making whilst maintaining integrity and transparency.
- Ability to interface well and influence effectively including internally and externally with customers, partners and suppliers
- Ability to work with unclear briefs.
- Business aware and customer oriented with organisation and commercial awareness.
- Able to work within a matrix business environment
- Flexible to changes in demands
- Ability to focus on end goals
Verbal & Numerical reasoning test may be conducted as part of the interview