5 months ago
Morson have an exciting vacancy for an R&O Production Controller based in Yeovil for a leading Aerospace company.
Working for the MRP Manager covering all aspects of material supply to support the manufacturing and assembly shops, ensuring on time delivery of components. Working proactively to ensure the manufacturing shop has all parts available, at the right time, in line with the master production plan. Work with other departments to ensure effective material flow to enable achievement of business objectives.
Key Job Accountabilities
Production controller role includes, but is not restricted to, the following key accountabilities:
- Launch production order as required by the plan
- Split production orders and ensure all data is correctly transferred
- Close rework and labour only production orders, ensuring all operations are clocked
- Generate statistics/ reports for manufacturing shop regarding WIP
- Monitor and action WIP for incorrect clocking's / move days etc.
- Update production order status/ comments where applicable i.e. quarantine
- Action shop queries e.g. serial number issues
- Ensure all data tidy up activities are completed e.g. CNF not DEL/ DEL not CNF/ delivered production orders with outstanding requirements and WIP not clocked.
- Run shortage reviews with other departments to expedite and prioritise parts and review forecasts against requirements.
- Identify any risk associated with shortages or deliveries and escalate as appropriate
- Liaise with direct line feed contact to ensure any stock outs are expedited.
- Deal with any shop query regarding shortages or parts supply.
- Load all outgoing work on the offload rail and prioritise.
- Resolve issues with offload including paperwork amendments.
- Escalate priority parts.
- Review order book and identify any problems parts/ risks
- Progress monitoring of specific parts with the manufacturing shop
- Assist in reporting / obtaining information for the SAP system
Please contact us for more information.